06 : YOURE STILL YOU

Once more, Clarisse found herself at the spot that she's been going to. The idea of seeing Ophelia even for a second made her excited, she dreamt all day for the moment, she needed to see her. Her happiness shocked everyone around her, she hadn't said any rude things to those who are "less-thens" and Silena had to step up and become the new Clarisse (she apologized after every insult!). Even though she constantly makes the ghost upset, it's fun to have her best friend back. So she skipped all the way to her spot and sat on grass nearby.

"Moony, I know you're here," Clarisse called, a smile on her face as she rubbed her hands. The water's violent movement told her all she needed to know, her girl was there.

"I don't wish to speak," the voice wasn't connected to a body, but just hearing it made her happy.

"I miss you," she pouted, getting excited when Ophelia eventually became visible.

"What do you want?"

"I want you," clarisse grabbed her hand, "I've been thinking, just because you're a ghost doesn't mean we can't pick up where we left off, we can still be best friends and we can still be..." she grew silent as she placed a hand on Ophelia's waist.

"We were nothing more and we can't be, I'm not alive," she mumbled. "Why do I have to keep reminding you?"

"What do you mean we were nothing more? You told me you loved me!"

"I was dying, I thought I'd never see you again! Nothing was supposed to happen between us, it isn't in my mother's will," Ophelia stepped back, making the girls hands fall. "I'm different now."

"You're not different! I'm tired of you saying that. You're still you! Despite everything, you're still you — You're still the girl I fell for!" Clarisse stepped closer, raising an arm to trap Ophelia between herself and a tree. "Please, Moony, just listen to me."

Ophelia sighed, "what do you want to say?"

"I don't like how you're so dismissive of our relationship, I thought you liked me," Clarisse walked closer, "I thought you wanted to be with me, I thought—" she didn't get to finish as she felt the girls lips on hers. Her hands found comfort on the ghosts hips, pulling her close.

Ophelia's arms wrapped around her neck, the heat from the closeness didn't stop them. Ophelia didn't realize how warm Clarisse was, she felt like she was melting because of her temperature. Along with that, the waves were crashing violently, getting Clarisse's leg wet.

Ophelia's eyes opened as she pushed Clarisse back, a frown on her face as she realized what she did. "You can't keep coming here, my mother's fading and when she completely does..."

"When she does what?" The demi-god grabbed her hand, giving it a squeeze.

"When she fades, I don't think I'll be here for longer. I'm only here with her power and she won't have much left soon. Just don't get attached."

And again, the ghost disappeared from her eyes. She had a habit of making Clarisse happy and then leaving, but she fears that their time will end, which is even more of a reason to keep coming — even if it was five minutes left, Clarisse would do anything to see her.