05 : MY MOONY

The loneliness of the moon has finally caught up with Ophelia. She never wanted to have company more than she did now. She hasn't made much friends when she was alive, Clarisse and Silena was all she had, eventually adding Percy to her list. She hated being around people and now she longs for it more than ever.

It was exhausting to say the least. Not having a mother, not having anyone. The person who created her still never had a conversation with her. The skies were full of the Titan in her chariot, she was looking for her still. What was the point? No one can see her besides Clarisse for some odd reasons. The things Ophelia would do just to have someone wise to talk to, she'd be willing to do anything, she doesn't even care if she'd never live again, she just needs her mother.

"I've found you."

Ophelia's head lift from her spot at the side of the river, "I've never left."

Clarisse stood there in awkwardness, shifting between her toes and her heels. Her hands sat in her pockets of the shorts she was wearing, her camp half-blood shirt cut into a tank top. "How'd you sleep?"

"Ghosts don't sleep, I'm awake for hours stuck in my thoughts," Ophelia's white dress was moving along with the current, catching various bugs.

"I didn't sleep either if it helps," the curly haired sat next to her, "I can't stop thinking about you."

"Why? I'm dead," she looked at the girl who was already looking at her.

"But you're here, that's the thing. Can't you see? Your mom gave us another chance," a smile rested on the daughter of Ares' face, her hands reaching down to grab hers. "It's a sign, moony."

"Is it? Is it not a personal hell to be here knowing I can't leave this spot? I died here, I'm reminded of that constantly."

"Why are you so against us? I thought you loved me?" Ophelia looked away, only to have Clarisse place a hand on her face, turning her towards her. "Why are you looking away?"

"There is no us, I'm dead." She lifted her hand onto Clarisse's and moved it down. "There could've been an us, but now there's not." The water moved more viscously with Ophelia's anger rising. "I can't be with you, I'm a monster."

"You're not a monster, you're my moony," Clarisse whispered.

"I don't wish to discuss this anymore," the ghost sighed and vanished, leaving Clarisse all alone. The girl sighed before she stood, her legs covered in water as she started the walk of shame back to cabin 5.