EMERGENCY ALARM

As I promised, every THURSDAY, I will try to always keep up with this. I hope you will like this chapter. Please feel free to let me know how you feel about the novel. And if you have a lot to say, or any correction you would like to say, you can send it to my email address; adesewaradillia@gmail.com.
Thank you very much 😊

Everyone was running, some to the left and the others to the right. They hit each other as they felt on each other too. The junior students ran out of their classes.

"What is going on?"

I stood still in fear of the unknown. I had no idea why people were running nor where to run to.

I thought of Nafi and if she should have gotten to the hall before this happened or she is still behind. I pray so! A drop of hot tears ran off my eyes as my heart was still restless.

"Why now?" I asked furiously, but I couldn't process an answer for that question because everything seems mysterious to me.

I summoned courage to go back to the class but, I was suddenly hit by a guy who was running. He wrapped his hands around my waist to prevent me from falling. I felt like the main character from  Kdrama.

"What! Did he just hold my waist? Well there is no time for love or what it may be." I quickly removed his hands from my waist to see who he was and it was...........................

         The last person I would ever expect to see at the moment is Andrew. Let me give a brief recap on who Andrew is

       Andrew and I were classmates during our junior school. But he is in  sciences class now while I took a social sciences course. Andrew used to be someone I admired before now and I have so much regard for him throughout the time we were in the same class.

He never said a word to me and I never summoned the courage to look him in his eyes nor say a word. so you would know why I said I never expected it to be him.      

“I am so sorry".  Andrew said snapping me back. I was still speechless as he further asked. 

"You good?"  He sounded so calm and nice and I am like what??????? This school doesn't feel safe for me to fall in love.  Nope! Nope!!

" I am Andrew and you?" As he straightened his hand for a handshake. I’m still amazed by our incident and  I reluctantly shook him. Who wouldn't know Andrew? This is the longest conversation we ever had. Andrew would never speak to me, even if he is under a spell.

       " Jane................ The name is Jane." Yeah, I called my name not Nafisat's.

     " I like your spirit." Did Andrew just use the word like for me? " You too need answers right?" Okay he lost me there.

     " Answers?" I thought

       " I saw your investigation board. Do you want to be a cop?" He asked whispering in my ear. He was so close to me that I could feel his breath on my shoulders. I didn't care to give him an answer. I think he noticed the silence and continued.

       " I need your help. I saw you that day; the day our Biology teacher was murdered."

He paused to notice my reaction, but I made sure I didn't act surprised so he won't have proof.

    " Nathan was never on drugs, I was. I think he was killed. Nathan encourages me to stop so why would he. When I saw you there, I knew we both were looking for the same thing, and that is justice. "  Andrew looks so sincere, but here I think I lost my empathy. He could not be lying.

     "So what do you want me to do about it?" I asked in a very mean manner. And probably the reason I might remain single all my life.

         " Let's investigate this together." Andrew sounds like he is asking me out at the moment. I almost let out a blush but tried to hold it in.

   Before I could let out a word, I heard a very familiar voice calling Andrew from the side. Oh yeah you guessed it, my very annoying Roommate, Emma.

Emma walked up to him, totally ignoring my presence, she hugged him. She wrapped her hands round his neck while his hands were on her waist. They stood directly at my front, if I wanted to leave I'll have to push them.

I Was a bit jealous but what can I do? After like a few minutes, they were standing apart but holding hands. Still on my way.

        "Ohhhhh pardon me, didn't see you there. Maybe because you are so tiny. " She said and let out some giggling.

I looked her straight in the eyes, it made her stop her hyena laugh. I loosed their fused hands so I could pass and I left.

On my way to my room, I thought of checking on Nafi. Nafisat was sleeping the time I got there. I opened the door and took a satisfying sign, but no one was in the room.

I couldn't help but think about what Andrew said.

"So Andrew is a drug addict?" If the school finds out, he would be expelled, regardless of his grades.

This raised my suspicion about him. Could this mean he is responsible for his Best Friend's death or he has an idea about the death of our Biology teacher?
I knew I could never trust my crush; my roommates boyfriend and my former classmates...............

OR ?

I hope you liked this chapter. Please vote and give a comment on what you think about the previous chapters. Also don't forget to share it with others.

Thank you very much for your support 😊