Chapter one

I woke up feeling weird, not sick or anything, just a bit different.
About 2 weeks ago I had auditioned for a new show that's coming up called Percy Jackson and the Olympians, which I was so excited for. Ever since I was a little girl, I had absolutely adored the series with my whole heart and I wished more than anything to be a part of it. And that's why ever since I had auditioned, I've just felt nervous non-stop.
I walked downstairs, practically running as I smelled pancakes, the special ones that my mom always made on special occasions. I wondered why she was making them but quickly brushed it off when I remembered that my younger sister, Arlo, had some sort of spelling bee on at school so I quickly came to the conclusion that that was all it was.

As I walked into the kitchen, my heart practically flew out of my throat.

The whole room was fully decked out in blue decorations with a giant banner stretching over half of the room saying 'Congratulations Evelyn!' My mom screeched and ran over, giving me a massive hug basically screaming,
"Sweetie, you got the part! You're gonna be in Percy Jackson!"
"Shut up! You're joking, no way this is really happening!" I squealed hugging my mom back but jumping up and down.
When my mom finally released me, I ran over to my dad, hugging him just as hard while he muttered into my hair,
"I'm proud of you sweetheart, I knew you could do it."
"Thanks dad, I love you." I replied with a massive smile plastered across my face.

Dad just smiled at me before handing me a plate of blue pancakes,
"How did you even make these?" I asked walking over to the kitchen island.
"Well you see, it was actually quite difficult and it took a lot of work to master the perfect-"
"He just put food colouring in the batter, don't let him try and convince you that he's the new Gordon Ramsey." Mom cut him off smiling and cutting up Arlo's pancakes. I laughed quietly and began eating.

As I finished eating my food, I walked over to the sink, placing my plate next to it before turning and kissing mom on the cheek. I then ran up to my room and grabbed my phone and opened Snapchat, going straight onto Momona's chat. The first thing I thought of when I found out that I was going to be in Percy Jackson was what my friends would think, especially Momona, well no actually the first thing I thought of was who would play Percy.

                                                            OMG GIRL YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT
MOMO 👹
WHATTT
                                                                   IM GONNA BE IN PERCY JACKSON
MOMO 👹
OMG WHAT SHUT UP YOU ARE NOT
                                                                                      Yeah your right I lied
MOMO 👹
SHUT UP AND GET OVER HERE WE HAVE TO CELEBRATE

                                                 Girl I'm already ahead 10 steps ahead of you..
                                                 am I packing a sleepover bag?
MOMO 👹
Duh!

I finished texting mo and went downstairs to ask mom if I could go, I already knew she was going to say yeah but last time I didn't ask, she sent a search party out for me and I got grounded for 4 months.

"Hey mom, can I go to Momona's for the night?" I asked, sitting on the arm of the sofa and trying to figure out what my dad was watching on the TV.
"Yeah, of course you can hun, I bet she's excited about the whole Percy Jackson thing, huh?" Mom said raising her eyebrows at me.
"You have no idea." I laughed while still trying to figure out what dad was watching.
"Hey dad, what on Earth are you watching and why has a random jet just appeared?" I muttered squinting at the TV.
"It's called The Adam Project, you'd probably like it to be honest, it's about this kid who-"
"Ok, don't care, byeee" I ran up the stairs hearing my mom laugh and my dad huff something about how the movie is actually really good.

I grabbed my bag, the one that is only specially used for sleepovers, which is basically only when I go over to Mo's because she is basically my only friend, hopefully I will make a couple while filming.
I finish packing my clothes and things and walk into my bathroom, not really paying attention because I was focussed on posting something on insta, something that announced my Percy Jackson role as Rick Riordan had just announced it, so I guessed it was safe.

@evelynmeester01
Im so unbelievably excited to announce my role in the new upcoming show: Percy Jackson and the Olympians!! 💙💙💙

@yourgirlmomona
Girl hurry yo ass up and get here rn I'm making blue cupcakes to celebrate.
↪️ @evelymmeester01
     I'm packing my bag, be patient or I'm not coming.

@user98225619972
Omg Evelyn ilysm
↪️ @evelynmeester01
     Omg your so sweet, and you're gorgeous like your an absolute goddess
↪️ @user98225619972
     Stop this is literally the best day of my life

@aryan.simhadri
Omg Evelyn hi, I'm aryan and I'm playing Grover!
↪️ @evelynmeester01
     Aryan hii, we should totally meet up soon!!
↪️ @aryan.simhadri
     Oh absolutely, I'll DM you later on today?
↪️ @evelynmeester01
     I'll be waiting 😁

I clicked off instagram and packed all of my toiletries into my Victorias secret bag, while starting to wonder who would be playing Percy and Annabeth. But, I just made a mental note to ask Aryan if he knew when he DM'd be later on, I grabbed my bag and stuffed my toiletries bag into it before swinging it onto my shoulder and walking back downstairs to find mom swinging her car keys and talking to dad,
"Hey mom, I'm ready" I said walking over and putting on my shoes, my crusty old airforces when mom gave me a mucky look.
"You do realise you must have about 50 pairs of shoes upstairs and yet you still wear those disgusting, old things." Mom said, scrunching her face.
"Leave my shoes alone." I said pretending to be offended.
She opened the car door for me, then walked over to her side and climbed in. I immediately hooked my Bluetooth to the car.

As we arrived at Mo's, i kissed my mom on the cheek and practically ran out of the car, knocking on the door excitedly.

A/N
Hiii everyone! This is the first chapter and I'm already falling in love with Evelyn and I'm so excited to work with her character.
This chapter had 1053 words and it is most likely going to be one of my shorter chapters but I just wanted to test the water of if I was going to like this whole fanfiction thing and depending on the feedback I will definitely be continuing. Please don't be shy and please please comment on my work, it would make me so so happy!
Bye everyone!! 💞💞