Chapter seven

'not even the gods above, can separate the two of us'

You and I by one direction was playing and I felt walker staring at me.
"I love this song." He whispered.
"No way! Walker scobell is a directioner." I said, looking at him shocked.
"Oh absolutely!" He replied, grinning at me.
"So have you had fun?" Mom asked us, as we pulled up to a red light.
"Yeah, it was good." I replied, still looking at walker.
"I'm glad you finally have friends." She said, sighing.
"Mommm!" I whined.
Walker just laughed and turned away, so that he was staring out of the window like I once was.
"Oh sorry sorry, didn't mean to embarrass you in front of your boyfriend!"
"He's not my boyfriend." I said.
"Again, you don't have to say it like that." Walker replied, laughing.
"What would you rather me say? Oh yes he is my boyfriend." I replied, turning around and putting my legs on the seat in between us.
Walker shrugged and just smirked.
"Oop" Mom said, slapping her hand over her mouth.
"Mom!"

We pulled up at the house and I climbed out, having to go round and open walkers door because it still had child lock on it from Arlo, even though I was considering just leaving him there.
"My rooms a mess, I'm just warning you." I told him while mom unlocked the front door.
"It better not be, Melinda only came a couple days ago!" Mom said, turning around to me.
"Melinda?" Walker asked.
"Our housekeeper." I answered, turning back to mom.
"You have a housekeeper?" Walker asked, with his mouth wide open.
"Yeah.. she's great." I replied.
Mom turned and smiled at me, while walker asked about 14 questions about what it was like to have a housekeeper, not like he's richer than me by a long shot.
I guided him upstairs and into my bedroom.
"Wow.." walker said, smiling.
"What?" I asked him.
"Your room is just so.." He started.
"Messy?" I asked, already knowing what he was going to say.
"Yep." He grinned.

It really wasn't that bad, yeah there was loads of things on the floor but that's only because I was rushing around trying to get everything ready for the lake.
"Shut up." I said, walking over to my closet and picking out something to wear.
I settled on a black mini skirt and a plain white crop top, basic but it would work, then I grabbed a towel and walked into my bathroom.
Walker was just walking around my room, like I had done to his a couple days before. Then he reached my calendar.
"Hey, Ev, it's your birthday in 3 days?" He asked.
"Yeah."
"Why didn't you tell me?" He turned to me.
"Wasn't really important." I shrugged.
He walked over to my and patted my shoulder. "It is important!"
I cleared my throat, trying not to go red.
"I'll shower first, then you can if you want?" I asked.
"Sounds good." He replied, jumping onto my bed.
"Don't get your shoes on my bed!" I shouted, while taking off my clothes, after going into the bathroom and locking the door.
"Making sure to rub them on your pillow don't worry!" I heard him shout back at me.
I turned on the shower and hopped in, making sure it was a quick shower so that he could at least have some hot water.
When I turned off the shower I heard voices from inside my room.
"Sooo.. daddy says your her boyfriend." I instantly recognised that voice as Arlo's, my younger sister.
"Not quite, sweetheart." I heard walker say back.
"Well, why not?" Arlo asked.
I began to get changed while still making sure that I could hear them.
"Well because it's not that simple, here come sit down" I heard walker pat the bed, probably telling her to sit next to him.
"Why isn't it that simple? Arlo repeated, struggling to say the s in simple so it just kind of sounded like 'thimple' but it's ok because it was adorable.
Walker chuckled and started, "well because.."
"Because you're a little monster!" I said walking out of the bathroom and picking up Arlo.
My hair was a mess but it didn't matter, I just had to get out as soon as possible so that Arlo didn't get any more out of him. She's only 3, and doesn't understand the concept of secrets. Therefore, anything she knows, everyone knows.
"I am not!" Arlo giggled, squirming in my arms.
Walker chuckled and picked up his clothes. "Where are the towels?" He asked, scratching the back of his neck.
"There's a fresh one in the bathroom next to the shower." I replied, still tickling Arlo, before walking out of the room and taking her downstairs.
"Mom, please tell Arlo to stay out of my room!" I complained when we reached the kitchen. I set Arlo down and she ran into the living room and about 3 seconds later, I heard the familiar sound of the peppa pig theme song.
"Why? What's she done this time?" Mom asked, not even looking up from her computer.
"Just trying to squeeze info out of walker." I answered, turning to go back upstairs.
"Oh no, I'll go talk to her." Mom said, but stood up way too quickly so I began to question how good her intentions were.
"What did he say?" I heard mom ask Arlo which made me roll my eyes.