Echo: Morning sunrise

Summary: Echo wakes you up very early one morning to watch the sunrise with you on a cliffside. Just a cute sweet moment.

You felt the other side of your shared bed dip down, an indicator to you that your partner was waking up and for a particular reason. It must have been that time. Rolling over, still very much deep into your slumber, you fidgeted around for the data pad on the nightstand. Finally locking onto it you adjusted the brightness so that you didn't blind yourself like you had numerous times in the past. Thirty minutes past the hour. You groaned. It was nearly that time. And he was aware of it too.

"Morning love". The tender kiss from your parter greeted you as you rolled back over to face his shadowed figure hovering over you. You hummed back a response, stretching your arms above your head and reaching out for another kiss. He was more then happy to oblige you.

You were not a morning person. Never had been, but you had admit that waking up at the request of your husband to watch the glowing sunset seemed like an easy enough activity to do. You would do anything for Echo. Anything. Even sacrifice your glorious breathtaking slumber to please him.

Though the sunrise wasn't for another twenty minutes, it would take you a while just to leave the comfort and coziness of your shared bed. Echo had to learn that the hard way. He hadn't realized when he did, that he had married a sleepyhead. Fortunately that didn't deter him in his desire to tie himself to you forever. It was a small price to pay to call you his and vise versa.

Secretly he enjoyed that about you. That and the fact that you were a cuddlier. Besides how gorgeous you were, this was probably his next favorite thing about you. From the moment he met you, you were not once put off by his robotic limbs. Not once did you see him as anything less than human...himself. You treated him like he never even had them. You were easy to talk to, to be around and when he started to realize his feelings for you he let his intrusive thoughts take over. Seeing there was no way that someone like you could ever like him in that way.

But to his surprise, you did. You loved him. You had rambled on about all the reasons why you did. First he didn't know what to say, but after finding his voice he started laughing. It came out of nowhere, but he couldn't help it. The way your face flushed a deep red, how you fidgeted with your fingers and the crinkle of your nose...maker you were so cute. From then on everyday getting to wake up beside you was like a dream come true.

"You going to get up?" Echo questioned his sleeping beauty.

You rubbed at your eyes. "Getting there". You responded, a yawn quickly overtaking your voice. To which he chuckled. Then an idea popped into his head, to which he smiled devilishly.

"Do you need a reminder of last night?". He suggested. Immediately your face turned bright red and your eyes widened. Within seconds, the loving clone hunched over you had a devious smirk plastered across his pale features.

"Echo!" You exclaimed, lightly slapping his non metal arm.

He let out a deep chuckled. Getting you reiled up always amused him. He enjoyed seeing your face get so red and flustered. You were more modest then most of the women he had been aquinted with in the past. But even still, he preferred your modesty over any of them.

To him, you were perfect.

Crowds gathered around the main square of the not so small anymore seaside town. Over the years Pabu had flourished into something truly special. Shep had really made it a peaceful island paradise. That had the best sunsets and sunrises.

You didn't need a genius, in this case Tech, to tell you why Echo adored them. There was no question as to why he would abandon sleeping in for them.

Linking hands with him, he led the two of you through the multiple twist and turns in town to the spot that he had claimed as the perfect spot. Far off from the hustle and bustle of the busy loud streets. High above the shoreline of the beaches where the morning winds would beat against your face, the sky still blanketed by deep blues and rich velvets.

The two of you took up residence in his usual spot, along the cliffside, legs dangling over the rocky structure. Echo's body leaned into yours as you tangled your hands with his gloved fingers, resting your head on his broad shoulder. A perfect spot in your personal opinion. And one that would keep you warm.

Beside you Echo chuckled. "Cold?"

You nodded. Pabu had entered into its colder season and you weren't the biggest fan of it. Probably having to do with the fact that you were from a rather humid planet. Never having experienced colder weather before until settling down with the ex arc trooper.

"Come here then". Echo pulled you flush against his chest, both his arms curling around your waist.

At that point rays of pinks and oranges we're starting to stain the sky above you. Watching the changing and morphing of cooler hues into warmer ones was just as gorgeous as the actual rising of the sun to you. However nothing could compare to the individual holding you close. And always would.

You smiled up at the man you loved so much. The rays of the beckoning sun making his skin glow such a rich vibrant orange. You sighed contently yourself. Some days getting an early start was beyond worth it.

Nothing too big. Just wanted to write a cute little fic for our boy Echo💕