Wrecker: I'm okay...I'm safe

Summary: After everyone's chips are removed on Bracca you try to talk to Wrecker about what happened, since you care for him, but he again tries to avoid you. What happens when you've had enough and confront him?

If only things had gone down as planned. Then maybe the feeling of dread and helplessness wouldn't be permeating the air around you. Maybe then you wouldn't feel so..so terrified and useless. You couldn't have done much of anything in that split second when theory turned reality. When the reason for those chips showed itself to all of you in that room.

That room you didn't want to step foot into anymore. His face...that dull lifeless appearance it took on the second his chip had activated. How when he uttered those words you wanted to cry out. And you did. Not because you were afraid of him.

No.

You were afraid for him. You saw how Wrecker's eyes...the kindness and childlike essence was still there. Fighting whatever the chip was doing to him. He was actively fighting the programming that was inside his mind...and losing.

And you knew...knew that if or when he would came to he'd never forgive himself for what he had done. It's what the Empire...those bastards wanted. A perfect creation that could be programmed, when needed, to do their dirty work. And it happened right under your noises. They used and turned the clones into nothing more than their own personal attack dogs.

It made you sick to your stomach.

They were used and discarded as if they were a dirty rag. No longer serving its purpose. It enraged you. What they did to their most loyal supporters, it enraged you what they did to him.

To the one person who had made you smile at every given opportunity. Could insight the biggest applause of laughter and fill an entire room with it. The person who would do anything to protect those he cared about at a moments notice. He was fierce, powerful when he needed to be. Especially during the heat of battle. Underneath it all though, he was a gentle giant. Always careful when embracing another person...mostly that is. The way in which he looked out and cared for Omega. Being the big brother that maybe he was always meant to be.

All of those things about him.... His heart of gold, that large grin, how infectious his laugh was.

You loved it all. You loved him.

That's why the minute he woke up from this chip removal you were so relieved. Tears lined your eyes before running down your anxious complexion. But something was different about him. A somber expression painted his face. Guilt too. And you immediately knew. How could you not? He only further confirmed it when after apologizing to Omega, he avoided your gaze.

It was obvious. He was swimming in his own guilt and shame. Like an ocean had swallowed him up. And much more weighing heavily on his heart. You didn't need to be a Jedi to see it. It was clear as day. His knotted brows, the trembling in his hands, how his eyes seemed distance.

You understand why it was easier for him to forgive himself when it came to Omega..or at the very least make amends with her. She had no trouble forgiving him. Like us, she knew there wasn't much to forgive. None of this situation was his fault. Yet here he was. Blaming himself, Silently. Away from you. Allowing it to eat away at him from the inside out. And it broke your heart.

If Rex hadn't pushed you out of the way, then that blaster shot would been buried deep within your chest. Ending your life in the process. It's all and intended purpose. That's why he wouldn't—couldn't look at you. The frightened look in your eyes, that would haunt him forever. If only he knew that it wasn't for your life that scared you. No. It was for another reason entirely. And you wanted to—needed to tell him. You didn't care anymore if he avoided you. You had to talk to him. Staying away was no longer an option.