Tech: A lingering kiss

Summary: A simple kiss on his cheek from you sends Tech's thoughts into an endless spiral. When he works up the courage to discuss this with you, how will things turn out?

Overwhelmed with such dominating affectionate emotions, Tech could not help but to smile. Though he was new to feelings of adoration, he had no plans to shy away from said things either. As someone of his nature usually would.

Against all odds, your kind hearted nature was just one of the many qualities he admired about you.

When your lips would curve upwards into a smile, that was his second favorite thing about you. The way in which your genuine smile framed your face, it was a beautiful sight when it occurred. If Tech had his way, he hoped you would smile as often as physical possible. Seeing it sent waves of dopamine rushing to his brain. Stimulating him beyond measure. Beyond anything else he could comprehend.

Many would have found it strange and rather unsettling that he had kept a list of your qualities that he greatly found value in. Kind hearted nature, a warm smile, were among a few. However the one that towered above all the rest. The one that rendered him speechless....your lips.

Most abnormal thing of all was you had only kissed him once. Once.

No it had not been on his lips. As he would have wished so. No. The brush of your velvet lips had been on his cheek. It was brief, but that did not make it any less impactful to him. Maker how your lips felt against his skin. The way in which a single simple touch could profoundly impact one's abilities to think clearly and perform certain tasks.

His neurons were sent into overdrive mode the second you made contact. Upon your departure, Tech was caught off guard. Never having expected this type of contact from you. Occasionally a pat on the arm or back, even a lingering hand placement meant as a sign of reassurance was exchanged between the two of you.

Nothing like this though, however.

It was such a simple, minuet thing. And yet it consumed his entire being.

All Tech, of clone force 99 could think about was the brushing your lips across his cheek. Like a single thread had been pulled and he was beginning to unravel.

It became the very thing that kept him awake at night. More so than usual. A consistent sleep schedule was nonexistent for him. Yet even if he had one, this event surely would have disrupted it immensely. Lack of a healthy, regular sleeping schedule was not his own conundrum. Focusing on any task or project became increasingly obsolete. His mind could not concentrate long enough to perform a small repay or a minor calibration.

Each time he tried to collect his thoughts, they would trickle back to that kiss. To his ever expanding list. To you.

You were becoming hazardous to not only his physical health, but his mental and emotional as well. The easiest solution would be to rid himself of such feelings and go on as if the kiss never happened.

He couldn't though.

As a man of science, his curiosity had won out. He was eager to see what hypothetical scenarios could come from speaking with you about what had transpired between you. So nearly a week later, after going over multiple scenarios and outcomes in his brain, Tech found himself outside your cabin door. Hoping with baited breath that you'd answer and discuss this with him.

Luckily for him, the door opened to your small room aboard the Havoc.

     "Is everything alright, Tech?" You addressed him calm. How your voice was so angelic. A sweet, addictively soothing melody to his ears.