Crosshair: You...just you

Summary: You had feelings for him before he chose the empire over his own brothers and you. You worked with the team for years. You two grew close. Now he's back with his brothers. You walk in on him crying and try to comfort him. However It doesn't go as planned...

You immediately stopped in your tracks as muffled sounds echoed off the walls behind the closed door. You stared at the wooden door, heart racing at the sounds you knew all too well. As they had been your companion for some time after the sharpshooters unfortunate departure.

A thousand different thoughts were coming alive in your mind. Slamming into the structure of you skull, wanting to break free and comfort the man behind the encased dwelling. But maybe you should have left him to be alone. Crosshair was never the one on the team who needed personal comfort, according to him. Though maybe that was the problem. Maybe we needed to comfort him even when he did not ask for it.

Perhaps thats why he and...Tech had strangely gotten along. They were not the most touchy feely persons, but maybe that was because deep down they didn't think they were deserving of it. Though in Tech's case, perhaps it was the fact that he didn't really process those types of emotions or feelings in that way or give them much thought. As his programming was more logically based.

Not that he didn't deserve that sort of comfort, because he absolutely did. He had gotten you all out of many dangerous and stressful situations with his clear mind and calm demeanor. It was one of the many qualities of his that you admired.

When it came to Crosshair, at first you merely thought it was because he thought such things beneath him. However upon spending more time with him you realized it was the exact opposite. He thought of himself as below it. Pulling his hand away from you was never about him thinking it was childish. In fact, Unbeknownst to you, he wanted to hold you hand, feel you gloveless fingers tangled with his calloused ones. Unfortunately it was him feeling that he didn't deserve such affection. Especially not from one as caring and innocent as you.

Innocent was never the word you'd use to describe yourself. Even before the war, but especially after. You had done a number of things you were not proud of in the name of the Republic, but in times of war...you did things you would later regret. Hard, difficult choices had to be made.

Heck, maybe you'd even regret later on abruptly walking into his personal hut while he was emotionally vulnerable, but you had been giving him as much space as he wanted for the past few weeks. Now it was time to talk to him. You wouldn't put it off any longer. It was time.

Inhaling and exhaling a large burst of air and clearing your mind, you gently pushed the door open. Light pooled into the room with no hesitation, latching onto each and ever dark surface that was before coated with trendrills of darkness.

The very second even a sliver of light flew into the room, the soft muffles quieted down before coming to a complete silence. Registering the full extent of what you were seeing only made your heart crack in two. Angled up on the cold floor against the empty bed was the only person present in the room. The state he was in...maker it hurt you to see him so...so broken.

It didn't take a genius to know the he was fully aware of you being here. He might not have been as heightened in his senses as Hunter, but he was able to register your footsteps outside his door before they stood in place for little while.

He was not purposely avoiding you nor did he think you were doing the same. But he'd be lying if he said he wasn't trying a bit to do so. You shouldn't to be around him. Not after everything he had down by their hands...and his own. He had blood on his hands. He had killed innocent people for the Empire. Done unspeakable things. And when it happened he didn't even bat an eye. But now...now alone with his thoughts he was being bombed by wave after wave of remorse.