• 1 •

"Mac!" The loud ruckus of the bar muffled her voice

"Mac!" The loud ruckus of the bar muffled her voice. She lifted her heavy head from the dirty wooden bar and looked around. Everyone swam a little, and her vision blurred. She swiped her long raven black hair back from her flushed face.

She looked around again but couldn't find the one she was searching for. Was it time for a shift change already?

"Mackenzie!" She said louder this time.

A grumbling sigh came from the other side of the bar from her. She looked up and saw a green orc with big tusks, wearing a worn down brown attire with a big belly covered with a dirty apron.

"Ah!" She said, a satisfied smile creeping on her face. "Just the man I wanted to see." She grabbed the big glass sitting empty before her and waved it in front of the orc. She looked pointedly towards the empty glass and then to Mac. "If you would please my good man."

Even as the orc blinked in and out of focus as her eyelids became heavy from intoxication, she could see he was sulking. He just stood there, his arms crossed across his chest. Her eyes tried to focus and she smiled a little more when she saw his left chipped tusk. It was a charming little token of when they first met four years ago. She had way to much to drink and he had been the one trying to break up the bar fight she had found herself in. It wasn't her fault he probably didn't get enough calcium to strengthen his bones. A wrong kick there, and poof. Now his tusks were uneven.

Come to think of it, she hadn't apologised for it. She pouted her pink plumb lower lip and tried her very best to convey a sadness she didn't feel into her red eyes. She placed her elbows onto the bar and pushed out her chest that showed a great bit of cleavage. "I'm sorry for yelling Mac, I just want another refill."

She batted her eyelashes and pointedly shook the empty glass in her right hand.

The giant orc heaved a bored sigh and with a deep accent said, "Don't you think you already had enough for tonight Desa?"

A sound akin to a sputtering frog came out of her mouth and she waved her left hand as if to dismiss his words. She leaned over the bar and she had to stop everything from tilting sideways as she placed her glass down and reached over the bar to pat Mac's hairy chest. "You know you like me better when I am too inebriated to cause a fight. Don't play coy." Then she sat back down and winked her right eye flirtatiously.

He threw up his hands and groaned then bent down to fetch a dirty looking almost empty alcohol bottle. "This is the last drink i'll be serving you tonight. Make it last. Or don't. I don't care. Just don't come crying to me when you pass out on the floor." Then he started pouring the foul smelling yellow fluid into her glass to the brim. He muttered under his breath as he stomped away. "If she wasn't the highest paying customer.."

The rest of the sentence was lost to her as he walked out of earshot. She lifted her glass to the air and said, "Thank you, love you too Mac!" Then she slumped down unto the bar, bent her elbow and rested her head on her fist. A distorted image of her face was staring back at her from the yellow filled glass. She would have been pretty, at least eight glasses ago. Now her red irises were almost nonexistent as her dilated black pupils stared back at her. Her long black hair was ruffled and in tangles. Her cheeks were flushed and the skin around her eyes were red rimmed. She hiccuped as she lifted the glass to her lips and gulped a significant amount of the beverage in one breath.