• 7 •

Oh fuck

Oh fuck. She had to go and headbutt him just as they were finally getting somewhere. With the force of her blow, Aksel stumbled two steps back and before her body could lunge after him, Mihram was there grabbing her across her midriff and pulling her back.

As soon as there was more than three steps between them, Desa's body relaxed in Mihram's hold. Her head hurt from how hard she had smacked Aksel. Thankfully Aksel had pulled pack before she could cause much damage. Mihram squeezed her hard, to contain and prevent her from doing more damage she guessed, but Desa had gone slack and dared not to move an inch. No need to give Mihram a reason to not trust her further.

She felt the growl vibrating from Mihram's chest behind her. "Do you need anymore reason to get rid of her Aksel? You're going to get yourself killed!" He exclaimed.

Aksel just stood there as unconcerned as he could be, like Desa hadn't just tried to attack him and head-butted him. Aksel raised his hand like he was beckoning Desa. "Let her go Mihram." He said.

Mihram's hold tightened on her. "Are you listening to yourself? I'm not going to let her go just so she can attack you and succeed this time!" He huffed in disbelief.

Desa could quickly catch him by surprise by elbowing him in the ribs and then twisting her body out of his hold but if she attacked him and got out of his hold, that would only further prove his suspicions so she kept her mouth shut of sarcastic useless comments for once and stood still.

"Did she attack you or try to escape when you untied her?" Aksel asked matter of factly, raising one of his brows in question.

Mihram shifted his weight from one foot to the other, "Well, no but she could have just been waiting for her opportunity."

"Would it have been easier for her to escape when there was only you in the room or both of us?" Aksel asked as he crossed his arms.

"Who says that she wants to escape, she might just be biding her time to kill you still." Mihram asked as he took one arm from her abdomen to grab her throat. She just bared it to him without moving. She wasn't afraid of dying. It would be great if he believed her but she'd be fine if this was where her miserable life ended.

Aksel's eyes darkened as he stared at Mihram's hand squeezing Desa's throat. She tried to smile to show him that it was okay but it didn't lighten the look on his face.

"Mihram, I said let. Her. Go." He said sternly.

The tone of his voice left no room for argument and after a minute of silently staring at each other, Mihram scoffed angrily and pushed her away to the side. Desa quickly stepped away from both of them and then stood still holding her hands visible at her sides.