Chapter 4

Eleanor Leywin POV

Arriving at the main lobby, I was looking for a certain group of people waiting impatiently for me to come. Looking left and right with Sylvie giving me a hand for help, instead of finding them, they have found me. A familiar voice yelled after me.

"Over here!"

Turning my head towards the sound I gasped at a pair of two adults running at their top speed in my direction. They both raised their hands and took me in such a big embrace that I heard for sure a rib broke. I let them hug me with all their power and offered a hug back.

 I let them hug me with all their power and offered a hug back

[A:N jdog6503 on Instagram for the original artwork]

"Oh my baby, I believed in you," Mom's soft and caring voice spoke. Her red and watery eyes, a sign she held her tears of joy for so long looked straight into my eyes. My Mom, a very beautiful woman but also very weak of spirit managed to control her nature impressive. As for my Dad...

"Yeah, I... *sniff* ...I knew... *sniff* *sniff* ...knew v-very we-well... *sniff*...BaaAaAAahhH!", he broke out crying, overwhelmed by the emotions. Dad tried a couple of times to spell a coherent sentence from his sobs but for nothing. Sylvie, in an attempt to calm him, climbed my head and started to lick him on his forehead and her attempt had a small effect.

We remain like this, all three of us in the arms of each other, like there is no tomorrow. My sorrowful wish was to be four.

Looking over my Mom's shoulder, a tsunami of other people ran toward me and my parents. I tried to free myself but realized I was locked in their arms, refusing to budge. All I was able to do was to see in horror the inevitable collision and prepare myself.

The Twins Horns, Lilia, her parents, and a couple of old friends from the Xyrus academy collided with me, together with Mom and Dad with a big *boom*.

Once we gathered ourselves and settled down, as much as we could, I was assaulted from all directions with congrats, questions, and well wishes from everyone. Helen saluted me, Jasmine and Angelo both took me in her arms in order, Durden patted my head with his big but gentle hands, Adan held his tears but congratulated me of course. Lilia and Aunt Tabitha had come even with some presents for me. Uncle Vicent also had a present, but he also got way too excited.

"R-Rey yO- *hiccup* -yOu HavE an ExtrAOrdiNaryi daughter, Rey~ *hiccup*", poor Uncle Vincent, intoxicated and smelling of hard liquor, wanted to praise me and congratulate Dad, but was way too doomed and unfit to do. Lilia got embarrassed for her father and Aunt Tabitha tried to get a hold of her husband. Mom and I smiled awkwardly, not to worsen the situation. But of course, Dad had to jump in.

"*sniff* I know Vincent, I know... she is an angel and... *sniff* ... and such a fantastic girl," he joined him, both the adult men acting now more childish than ever. Now I started to get embarrassed too by their stupid act in front of so many close ones.