Chapter 12

Alea Triscan POV

"Shit," I thought in my mind, analyzing the situation I ended up in. In front of me, there they were, 3 Swords, the all-mighty warriors that Syndicate is putting all faith in, the warriors that are supposed to be the counter or more ideally, overpower, the Lances, myself included.

Looking back at the reports and intel the Council had managed to gather in this little time, I thought nothing more than those guys would be at least maybe the most talented silver cores in the continent, since there was no way there could be any more white cores mages. The gap between a high silver and white core is just that big.

Numerous remarkably talented mages from across Dicathen, possessing extraordinary potential known as geniuses, have succeeded in reaching the first silver core stage before even turning 30, a remarkable achievement by any standard. But then, things became harder and harder to realize. Some of them surpassed the dark silver-core stage and advanced into the next stages in years. No, decades. However, none of them, even on their deathbed, were close to the white core and forced to live at the high silver core. Nothing more.

The artifacts belonging to the royal families were the only ones with the power to shatter this barrier, enabling me, Aya, and two other members of the human and dwarf communities to become white core mages. Only the most talented mage of each race, trusted by their respective monarch, could become the exclusive white core mages.

And then, there he appeared out of nowhere. A boy with an extraordinary talent that caught the attention of Elder Virion, as well as the rest of the Council.

This young human boy, not yet 17 years old, would soon encounter all six Lances in a fierce battle, almost defeating them if not for his mercy and hesitation. A boy called a prodigy among the prodigies, a true anomaly. Everything he has achieved is due to his own merits and hard work.

[ Short A/N here: Arthur is currently 18 years old so something big happened a year before this. What happen you ask? You need to wait and to find out. ]

If it is possible to achieve, Syndicate may be able to produce powerful mages to challenge us.

Well, that is quite the turn of events, to be honest. From the posture of the hunter, I came out as the prey. In front of me, there they stood, 3 Swords, all ready for a bloody and ugly fight. Still, I refused to show fear or anything. I would fight here no matter how much-

"HYAH!" Veda dashed towards me with so much force she even broke the sound barrier. She held her long curved sword which was layered in mana and struck at me from three different angles.

Seeing moving in time, I raised my sword to deflect her attacks. Our swords clashed violently, leaving behind some little sparks. While her unique sword resisted pretty well from the clash earlier, mines were at a simple whoosh to break. Not only that but the force generated by the impact almost made my arms go numb.

"Damn it, she is strong as crazy and mentally unstable she is," I thought. Despite her fragile body and young appearance, she displays enough brute power just like Olfred or even Bairon. Not wasting time, I conjured a new set of dual swords made of plant-deviant mana, ready for a second round.

"Not yet, NOT YET!" She yelled, dashing once more at me. She wanted to reproduce the same maneuver against me, but this time I was ready. When she was in the air, I infused mana into my legs and jumped high towards her. I lifted my right sword in the air in order to deliver some light pierces at first. Upon observing my reaction and realizing her inability to effectively dodge my midair attacks, she swiftly moved her sword to block my strikes, signaling to me that I had seized a golden opportunity.