Chapter 7

Arthur Leywin POV

Lance Bairon, wielding a spear enveloped in crackling lightning, and Lance Mica, brandishing a colossal hammer forged from unyielding stone, stood before me, their gazes fixed upon me, their expressions distinctly different, separated by a distance of over 50 meters.

Mica, due to her playful character and childlike features, was all smiles. She was ready to fight in an instant, jumping into action with her hammer and destructive style of fighting.

Bairon was more reserved, calculated, and quiet. Taking a stance with his spear, ready to jump just like her, his silver armor shining in the room with the little light it reflected, gave him a menacing aura, but he insisted on some introductions first.

"Auburn hair, blue eyes, ugly scar on his right eye, dressed like a homeless. No mistake. Here we meet again, you low scum. Arthur Leywin." Bairon greeted and insulted me at the same time.

*gasp* "ARTHUR! The bastard can see! Incredible!" Regis remarked, his personality unable to control himself even in such situations. "Such a thing for a Lance like him, let's cheer him."

"I'm too happy to see you again, Bairon. I see you bring a colleague with you this time. Lance Earthborn..." I salute the dwarf lance with a simple nod.

"Mica is happy to see you too, Rogue. But Mica doesn't understand why you are here, in one of the Syndicate's hideouts of all places."

"I should expect you to be here but never I thought you would arrive first instead of us." Bairon narrowed his eyes at me, looking at me suspiciously. "How did you find out about this place?" He asked, much better said demanded, like an order from me.

"Ask and you shall receive" I simply answered. "I couldn't let these criminals walk freely on the continent, doing their stuff, planning attacks, killing and torturing innocent people, and treating them worse than some lab mice. You know, helping you guys to-"

Bairon's aura, his cloak made of thunder, and fire erupted much more violently and forcefully. Each ray of lighting was cutting the iron bars of the cells close to him like a sword cutting some simple strings, while the fire due to his intensity melted them bright red, almost turning them hot liquified metal. He started to speak low, in a menacing tone, with every word of him booming with authority and power. Arthur Leywin, you stand accused of treason on your own continent for your past actions and affiliation with a terrorist organization. These charges carry grave implications, including the unleashing of chaos, the murder of innocent lives, and much more. It was put on your head a bounty of more than 30000 thousands gold coins on your head. By the power of the Council, attribute me, Lance Bairon Wykes, I order you to drop your weapons and surrender."

I let his words settle in the room and thought about it. Not gonna lie, I considered this scenario over and over again in my head. I never wanted to live such a life from the start, on the contrary, I didn't even dream too much of what should I do. All I wanted was to stay close to my family and to have friends I could rely on, even getting married to someone specific, but Fate think otherwise and here I am. "30K for me?" I let a quick pause between my lines: "Can I turn myself in for this money?"

Seeing how the situation had turned from tense to awkward, I replied back. "Sorry, but I think I would have to decline your-" I bright light, almost blinding was coming over me. Bairon had thrown his spear again, this time aiming at my chest, core more precise. I sidestepped on the left side, watching how the spear was going to hit once more the wall with a loud boom. Pieces of the ready-to-collapse ceiling were falling in big numbers and big dimensions.

"Maybe you have forgotten, but there are some innocent people, humans, elves, and dwarfs trapped in their cells. You don't want to start a fight here with them locked and- " Cut off once again, Lance Mica had conjured from the floor huge spikes, tens of such, and launched them at me. Bairon erupted from his position with boundless velocity, hurtling towards me. His spear reappeared in his grasp with effortless grace, while his other hand crackled with the energy of another lightning spell.