Chapter 10

Rinia Darcassan POV

Haah, what a beautiful day. The sun in his all might was shining up on an almost clear blue sky, with some little clouds there and there. The warm wind of the seashore Eleanoir blew smoothly all over, not too strong to be uncomfortable but not too weak to don't feel at all.

In his way, leaves from the old and giant trees flew from their branches, going up in the sky and never coming back. A delightful harmony settled down, one so peaceful and calm, and in all this a quite energetic elf girl was running all over the place, taking in her sight as much as possible.

"What are these, Grandma Rinia!? What are these!" Princess Tessia, the heir of my kingdom was so astonished about a flower that you could have mistaken her for a little toddler and not an adult.

Raising from the bench I stayed and enjoyed looking at the nature around me and my home, I went in the direction of Tess to see why she was so energic and ecstatic. Getting closer I could see how she looked with big sparked eyes at a flower. It's rows of petals, very unique and magical for such a little flower it is. First of a radiant blue and the second, much smaller of a pale white, almost seeing through them.

"Pearl Shards, my child" I answered softly, putting a hand on her shoulders, observing now too the beauty of the plant.

"I never see something like this," she answered in awe, "Not in the private garden of the royal castle or an encyclopedia. Wait I never saw them neither last time I came here!"

For her reaction, all I could do was amuse myself. She really looks more after her grandfather rather than her father. While Alduin had too a passion for the flowers and botany as an elf, only Virion had continued to plant and take care of his plants, watering them, cleaning them for any weeds, and many more all by himself and not a gardener.

"In their early stage, from a seed and all the way to this point, they are very fragile and need more attention than a regular one. I kept them in the house warm and away from rain, bugs, and such," I said while looking at Tessia with a smile.

I then kneeled beside one of these Pearl Shards and touched with my finger a petal of one of them. "Now in daylight, they are not so impressive. You should wait until night, with a full moon for better effect and see for yourself."

"Really?" She said turning her head more closely to one such flower, with sparkles coming from her eyes and blushing softly from the excitement. "I will look forward to it!"

Her happiness didn't last forever until she turned fast and faced me. "You know Grandma Rinia...," she started to speak with a pout expression before continuing, "...You are very greedy holding such flowers only yourself," she crossed her arms, trying to look serious and intimidating but the blushed on her sweet cheeks didn't help her but instead doing the opposite. I let out a chuckle, a good one for this cute scene of hers.

"I will send a pot or two at the main castle just for yourself, child," I responded. Her green-like emerald eyes got bigger ready to pop out of their orbits and she got in position to jump on me in a big hug.

"BUT!!!..." I placed a hand between me and Tessia before anything could happen, "You need me to promise you will take care and only you. Those little flowers need as much attention as an infant. Too late to water them and they will wither in no time. You can earn all this beauty in mouths but lose in just a day or two." I explained in a rush, some basic instructions.

"Of course! I would take care personally, Grandma Rinia!"

"What a sweet and pure girl she is," I thought in my head, looking at her happy and innocent face, all smiles. "If you promise, then I will send a pot to the royal castle, ok?" She nodded her head eager. "Now child, would you like to come back with me in the house?"