Kiyotaka Ayanokouji and The Garden of Hesperides (1)

Ayanokouji POV

Being a demigod has never done anything for me. It's all just rotten luck really. A peaceful life is something demigods know nothing about. And then there's the depressing fact that usually we die very young, another pain.

Sure a demigod might get some cool powers from their parents, but at the cost of learning disabilities, potential personality disorders, and incredible prejudice. 

And even if we're just kids, younger than a middle schooler, quests are just thrown on us if we're part of some prophecy or order from the gods. To those deities above, we're all just tools for their goals, no matter how meniscal their demands truly are. It's a good thing my mother loves me too much to ask for anything. 

Aside from her, though, it doesn't make sense. The way these gods treat their children, if they didn't want to make kids, then pull out. For beings on a higher plane than humans, they aren't perfect either. Human anatomy must be the most powerful kink to ever exist-

 Human anatomy must be the most powerful kink to ever exist-

Luke: Hey, Kiyo. What's wrong?

Oh, I forgot all about Luke, the sword veteran despite only being 17. Wearing an orange, short sleeve shirt, a hearty satchel, and a bronze sword and sheath across his waste, he was the full package. If I had been of the opposite gender, I'd have worshiped him like cult fans do a celebrity. But all I see him as just this annoying guy who forced me to go on this quest with him.  

Me: Ah it's nothing. I'm just daydreaming. The journey there is boring, if I'm going to be honest. 

Luke: Now that's hurtful. I didn't know I was such a snoozefest. You should've told me earlier.  

Me: There was no need to and you're not that bad, almost bearable. Walking there being the only form of transportation sucks

Luke: We can't use cars or buses because we'd just endanger others. And you know how sleek and 'top-secret' this quest is. We're talking about picking an apple from the Garden of Hesperides. 

Me: But I still don't know why you have to bring a 10-year-old kid? I just got to Camp Half Blood yesterday. 

I pretended to be annoyed, slightly pouting. But Luke saw threw me, smiling. 

Luke: I told you, didn't I? You're special. 

I sighed. 

Me: Special? I'm still wondering if it all is a big joke. 

Luke chuckled slightly. 

Luke: For someone so young, you act just like an adult. All mature with a snarky attitude. Camp Half-Blood is gonna love you. 

Me: That's if I make it back alive.  

Immediately after cutting through a small bush, Luke stopped and gently put his hand on my shoulder. He wanted me to keep quiet.