Kiyotaka Ayanokouji and The Garden of Hesperides (2)

Luke was effectively running for his life. 

Luke: Come on, poor man's Hydra! I'm right here!

To any outsider looking in, it appeared that Luke was left for dead. Ladon's eyes were centered only on him, alongside the many heads it still had, despite Kiyotaka and Luke's best attempt at decapitating them moments prior. 

Luke: (I won't buy enough time for Kiyotaka by engaging in close combat. I'll need to trust in my cardio. I'd be lying if I said I fully trusted my life to a 10-year-old. I mean, sure he can control the mist but what's he going to make that can stop a dragon like Ladon? Ah... less talking and more running.)

He slid through an opening of rock and dirt created from a stray acid breath from Ladon. Close on his tail, however, was another one of its heads, drilling through and taking a bite at Luke. 

*STAB*

He thought quick on his feet, stabbing his celestial bronze sword into the ditch and jumped off his blade like a trampoline, narrowly avoiding his top half getting eaten.

Luke: (That was close... but now I need to get my weapon...)

Ladon's body followed its own head and crushed through the ditch, creating another crater. This displaced Luke's sword into the air, with the sword prodigy rushing over to retrieve it before Ladon recovered. 

*SPIT*

*SPIT*

Just as he clung onto his blade, two of Ladon's heads released acid. Luke responded with a backflip and weaved through multiple brush of vegetation, each of the vines and grass dying with the acid spreading. 

*SWIPE*

Suddenly, Luke looked on in surprise as Ladon leapt forward with its full strength, squishing Luke into a crimson paste on the ground. 

Ladon looked on, sniffing the blood but finding no half-blood scent. 

*WARP*

Almost like a curtain falling down, the mist opened, revealing a collapsed tree covered in yellow sap. 

*ROAR*

The dragon, not too kind for the deception, started to go into a frenzy and released several blasts of acid. It's heads biting out chunks of the ground, utterly destroying the once beautiful garden. 

Luke: Oh, thank the gods, hehe. 

The swordsman emerged, close at the tree filled to the brim with golden apples. Before Ladon completely recovered and almost flattened him, the mist changed his perception and he destroyed a tree to the left of him, saving his life. 

Despite making all the preparations possible for his 'trump card', he still found time to divert Ladon's attention and save Luke. 

Luke stood up, catching his breath as Kiyotaka, still sheathing him from within the mist, spoke to him. 

Kiyotaka: I still need more time. Do a better job. 

Luke: I'm getting a baring on his movement trajectory... I'll buy you the time you need. Just make sure it works, ok?

Kiyotaka: It wouldn't be a trump card if it didn't.

Speaking more would mess up with his illusionary abilities at work so he left Luke to his own devices. 

Luke: Alright, round 2... or is it round 3 at this point?

*ROAR*

Ladon leapt high into the air with its heads moving incredibly crazedly.