Kiyotaka Ayanokouji and 'Capture the Flag'

I used a couple of pictures of some of the campers aged up. That's because I couldn't find younger pics or didn't care to. They are the same just aged down, just for clarification. 

--------------------------------------------------

*FLICK*

Piper: Ow!

She stumbled and fell to the ground. Despite the impending Capture the Flag match a few hours from now, the training grounds were deserted. A reasonable explanation would be each cabin is currently planning and implementing tactics in advance.

That being said, Piper and Kiyotaka didn't need to plan because Annabeth had already laid it all out with Luke and the others back in the infirmary. After going over the fine details with the Athena cabin, she went to the Apollo cabin to relay their strategy. Travis and Connor mobilized the Hermes cabin and gave them the important details and Luke was still recovering in the infirmary but promised he'd be available.

This left Piper and Kiyotaka with nothing to do until 6pm. Piper suggested sleeping in, but Kiyotaka remarked on her abilities, or lack of abilities aside from the occasional charm speak. 

And now... Piper was exhausted and rose from the ground, the dagger in her hand hitting the ground rashly. 

Kiyotaka: You won't be getting your mother's attention by standing around idly. You have to learn to defend yourself, if only enough until you're claimed.   

Piper: News flash: I'm new to all this and 10! 

Kiyotaka: So am I, aside from being new to this. And you don't need to learn much. Here, look at this. 

Piper nodded and got on her feet again, weakly holding the flimsy, bronze dagger in her right hand. 

*SWING*

Kiyotaka lunged forward with his right hand, making Piper wince and bring her dagger up to guard. However, she saw there was nothing in that hand. 

*POKE*

Kiyotaka: Dead. 

Hidden underneath his left sleeve, was his dagger. He used his fingers to nudge it out from under and the tip of it was now touching Piper's torso. 

Kiyotaka: Misdirection. If you haven't noticed already, we're both kids and incredibly fragile looking. To a stranger, we'd be easy prey. While I'm trained, you're not so you're at that disadvantage. So, if you can't rely on trusted techniques, then trickery is what we're going for here. Here.

Piper: Oh, I can't use this. Your mom gave you those. 

Kiyotaka: She'd understand. And you're just borrowing one of them. 'Capture the Flag' allows for magical items so using my dagger isn't against the rules. Just don't go around stabbing people. That would just look bad. 

Piper: What can I even use it for?

Kiyotaka: So, there's something called glyphs, symbols of magic. Normally, it would take alot of preparations in advance, almost an hour in fact, to enchant an item with a magic of your choice. With this dagger, I need only think about the kind of symbol I want to imbue, and it can use that magical property. 

Gently caressing the blade, a Greek symbol appeared and sketched itself on the blade like a tattoo. He handed it over to Piper who held it very delicately. The color, weight, and edge were all perfect. 

Piper: Woah. 

Kiyotaka: This is the symbol for slumber. It needs to poke bare skin to work so improving your misdirection for clever openings is necessary.