Part 10

It was Alex's idea for doing barbecue and it was worth it. He loves seeing Henry out in the field soaking in the sun with a glass of lemonade in his hand and June laid beside him in her bathing suit, hair soaking wet. She just went for a swim in the lake before she joined Henry by the dock while Alex was helping his father with the meat. Shan and Zahra headed back to their home enjoying the time they had alone and Ellen promised him Henry's safety.

It was a good day, Alex can feel it. Henry's had tried to come out to the world little by little and he is actually showing it although deep inside he can still feel the fear creeping in him whenever he is alone and the thought of abandonment still lingers in his mind. He smiled seeing June and Henry sat side by side each other and glad for once, she could fill in Bea's shoes in Henry's life. He knows no one can replaced Henry's family, his mum and his sister especially but he hoped that his family could gives him a little strength to fight this together. He didn't even noticed that he was smiling staring at them both especially Henry's light skinned reflecting the sunshine like the brightest start in the darkest night. He was wearing Alex's Hawaiian shirt with his buttons all undone in his short white pants barefooted on the ground of his Austin lake house. It felt unreal to have him like this, almost like a dream but Henry is his and his alone.

"You know the next time you and Henry had sex, maybe go a little easy on him." His father's word made him twisted his neck around so fast, "What?!" He yelled at him not believing what he just heard. "Oh come on, you think I don't know what he was doing when he hurt his wrist again? You could have at least do all the work not making him do it instead." Alex was beyond mortified at this point and tossed the spatula over the table not wanting to continue this conversation with his father anymore.

"I am gonna stop you right there paps, we didn't do anything okay. He just- twisted it roughly." Alex tried to hide his embarrassment away but his father won't stop laughing at his gesture especially when he just turned fifty shades redder. He picked up the spatula flipping through the burgers as his dad watches him, "Sure, blame the messenger. Then, maybe the mosquitoes came and gave you that hickey as well." He says grabbing the spatula from his hand and Alex's mouth gaped apart cupping his neck from his father's not even realizing that he had hickeys in the first place.

His father laughed hysterically at Alex trying to hide away his embarrassment but he knows better than to tease him for it. "I'm gonna hide in a hole right now, why none of you said anything?!" He argues but his father shook his head laughing at his response. Alex shook his head back at him before headed towards Henry on the dock and June was the first to notice him. "Hey wanna go for a dip?" She asks and Henry turned his head around to catch him smiling at Henry as he ran a little towards them.

"Maybe later." He says and sat in between them both but before Henry could say anything, Alex cupped his cheek and gave him a deep kiss that made him surprised at his sudden gesture. "What was that for?" He asks as soon as Alex released him. Alex shrugs before he leaned and kissed him again and it was the cue for June to leave. "Ooookaaay, enough. Jeez can you guys do something else for a change?" She snapped and Henry broke the kiss chuckling at her before she took her leave and left them all alone on the dock.

"I love you." Alex whispered as he leaned for another kiss and Henry smiled cupping his cheek. Their forehead leaned against each other and Alex's eyes caught Henry's bandage wrist before he took it in his hand planted a kiss on it. Henry smiled seeing his gesture and his eyes landed on Alex's neck before his own eyes widen at the sight of those red marks over Alex's neck. "Oh my God. Did I do this?" He asks pushing Alex's neck up to examine the marks and he laughs.

"I know you want people to know that I am yours but not when your parents noticed it before you do." Alex commented and Henry's eyes widen at the thought, "Oh my God, I am so sorry. This is humiliating." He says but Alex laughs at his discomfort. "I don't care, I'm happy." Alex pulled his hand away from his neck and leaned for another kiss and eventually Henry gave in and melted in his kisses too.