Part 14

It almost felt like hours waiting for them to come out and the moment they did, Alex is already up on his feet from the floor he was sitting. "Is he okay?" He asks her and she sighed with a tired smiled on her face. "He's stable for now. We sent some samples to the lab for toxicology." She starts and Catherine came closer standing next to Alex. "Wait, he was drugged?" She asks concerned at her son.

"We believe so. In cases like him, we believed that the kidnapper must have used some sort of sedatives to keep him weak so he won't run. But because he was rushed into surgery, we didn't had time to wait for the results and I think he might be overdose." Alex felt his heart broke after he heard what the doctor just said. "There was syringes back at the barn. It was empty. I think probably two of them." His words felt bitter coming out from his mouth as he remembers the time he was at the barn with Henry bleeding on the floor.

"I let you know the results. He's sleeping right now and might be for awhile." She told them and they all thanked her before headed to Henry's room.

.

Alex couldn't remember the last time he was outside this hospital or how many hours has it been since he has Henry back. He looked around the room seeing every single one of their faces is either puffed or drained in exhaustion. His hands stroking Henry's cold pale one tracing the mark on his wrist and somehow it inflicted anger in him.

"Alex." Ellen called seeing he didn't respond to her first initial call so she came to his side stroking his shoulder and startling him. "What?" He asks feeling his heart beating faster than usual. "Let's go home, Henry need some rest, all of us did." She told him but he shook his head at her before returning her gaze back at Henry. "You guys go, I want to stay here with him." Oscar sighed knowing how stubborn his son is. "Alex, mijo." He taps him on his uninjured shoulder and Alex tense upon his touch. "You need to rest, I know you're pain so let's go home and sleep on it. We'll be here the first thing tomorrow. The guards will protect Henry okay?" He tried to reason with him but Alex won't budge.

He sighed turning his gaze back at everyone in the room, "You guys go ahead, I will stay here with him tonight. I call you if anything changes." He told them and Ellen sighed nodding at her husband. "Come on Fox, we'll get you settled in our home." She says and Catherine smiles at her gesture. "I have reservations at the hotel, I'm set." Philip told her and she sighed in defeat at him. "Fine, see you tomorrow." Catherine heads to Henry side and gave him a kiss over his forehead before she stroked his blonde hair with her fingers, "See you tomorrow darling."

Bea did the same and followed her mother next leaving Ellen and her family inside the room, "Goodnight sweetheart." Ellen hugs Oscar and kissed him on his lips before she hugged Alex by his neck and peck him a kiss over the top of his head, ruffling his curls. "Get some rest will you?" She whispered and Alex didn't exactly answer her but she knows he heard her. "Text us if anything paps." June told her father before gave him a hug and she did the same to Alex.

The whole night Alex and his father stayed watching over Henry and by the time morning light shines in, Alex is asleep on the couch while Oscar sat on the chair next to Henry. They took turned sleeping and Oscar woke up few hours earlier so Alex could get some rest. Henry still asleep peacefully with the monitor beeping next to him and Oscar has been staring at his calm pale face remembering the last time they'd ever spoke to each other and Henry ran off from him. Deep down he still feel the guilt in him for doing this to Henry although he knows everyone is saying he shouldn't.

Alex groaned on the couch earning Oscar attention back to the room and he looked to the side seeing Alex raised himself up in difficulties since his arm still in a sling. "Good morning buddy." Oscar wishes him and Alex yawned rubbing his eyes before his eyes stares at his father. "Morning paps." His voice croaked before he stood and step closer to him. "Still a sleeping Prince." He whispered and Oscar snickered a laughs. "I'm gonna go get some coffee and breakfast." Alex told him tapping on his shoulder before he left his father alone in the room.