End

Recovery was a nightmare for Henry. His leg is in cast right above his knees and his abdomen is limited to any movement and he never felt worst than this. But through therapy and with help from Alex and his family, Henry was finally released home.

They were escorted out from the hospital and the moment Henry was wheeled out from the main entrance, there were crowd forming outside the hospital and the securities were holding them from breached and Henry eyes caught at the banner they had in their hands.

"We stand by you."

"We made history."

"Love is love."

"We love you,"

The words are beautifully written and Henry never would have thought he finally gets the support he finally needs from the people he thought hated him. He smiled when Alex helped him to the car and they both stopped and stared at the crowds hand tangled with each other and Alex had his other hand over Henry's waist. Henry turned to him by his side and smiled with his eyes glistened with tears over the support they finally had. "I love you." Henry whispered and Alex smiled, "I love you more." They both leaned and pressed their lips together capturing them all in awe and camera shots hundreds of shots over their shared intimacy and they both waves at the crowd before Henry climbed into the car.

The drive back home was somehow comforting and for once, Henry could finally exhaled a breath of relief over this matter. He was finally free to live and enjoyed his life as he should and he feels proud about this. He turned his gaze at Alex next to him and he smiled back at him before Henry leaned his head over Alex's shoulder. They both exhaled feeling the burden that was weighing on their shoulder lightened as they sat there headed back to Alex's lake house.

Catherine and Bea had left for London since they both had palace duties still and Henry is on sabbatical until the King told him otherwise. He wanted Henry to recover fully before returning to his duties and Henry knows he meant well when he says so.

As days goes, Henry can feel the tension over the Claremont-Diaz family grew and knew well they are a nervous wrecked over the election and Henry can feel Alex's anxiety getting worst by the minute. Henry had woken up one night feeling the empty space besides him and when his hand touches the sheet, he knows Alex hasn't been sleeping in for hours.

He grabbed his crutches in one arm and limped his way towards the living room finding Alex by the kitchen with his AirPods on staring at the laptop and he didn't even realized Henry is approaching him by the side. "Alex." Henry taps him on his shoulder and he flinched in fright pushing Henry in process almost knocking him down on the floor but he managed to catch him by his arm before he could fall.

"Jesus Hen! I'm so sorry, you scared the crap out of me." He apologized before he pulls a chair by his side for Henry to sit. "What are you doing up? It's late." He asks and Alex sighed placing the AirPods back into the case and showed Henry what he was watching. "My mum is gonna lose this campaign." Henry pulls the laptop closer so he could watched what Alex was watching earlier and noticed it was the opponent Richards speaking in public tearing Ellen down claiming that she didn't care for the people and only had her son to do all the dirty work for her.

"Bastard." Henry mutters and Alex stayed silenced next to him sighing with his fingers pressed against his temple. "Listen Alex." Henry closed the laptop and turned his body to face Alex next to him and grabbed his hand in his. "Babe, you know what happened is not your fault and your mum still got her chances. This guy can talk shit about her all he wants but all I see is a scared man worrying about his defeat. Your mum will come out strong in this campaign and I know it." Henry tried to encouraged him and Alex smiled at his words. "I'm so glad you're here with me to go through this." He says cupping Henry by his cheek and Henry leaned against his palm. "Why wouldn't I be." He says and Alex leaned to kiss him on his lips.

The night of the election results everyone is gathered in their house and Ellen is a nervous wrecked. She sat with June and Zahra in one of the room preparing her speech while Alex paced around the house and Henry sat by the kitchen with Oscar preparing a drink for them. He offered Henry one but he declined considering he is on strong pain killers and Alex will kill him if he took any alcohol with it.

"What are the stats?" Henry asks as the television in their living room displayed the states and the colored invaded the poll and it got Henry confused. "Tell me again, we are on blue team right?" He asks Oscar as he stood next to him and Henry was sitting on the kitchen chair with his cast leg up on the chair. "What do they teach you at those fancy boarding school? Say the word and I'm gonna have you enrolled into UT." He says and Henry laughs at his words. Alex was pacing around in front of the TV and Henry noticed his nervousness especially when he hugged his own body like this. "Alex." Henry called him handing out his palm for him and he sighed dragging his legs towards him. He took Henry's hand and pulled him for a hug before he rested his arm over Henry's shoulder. Oscar had gone and disappear into one of the rooms probably checking on his wife with the drinks he had made for her.

"I think my mum is working on her concession speech. I just- I don't what to do. We worked so hard in this campaigned and I think she might lost it because of me." Alex whispered and Henry sighed cupping his cheek in his hand before letting his finger traced his hair behind his ear. "Babe." Henry called and finally Alex looked up into Henry's eyes and Henry can see his eyes are red with tears pooling begging to drop.

"None of it is your fault. You guys worked hard and I can see you worked the hardest than anyone else in this room. You will be rewarded by your hard work and I know it. It's not over yet." Henry can see Alex sighed leaning against Henry for a hug resting his head over Henry's shoulder. "I'm glad you're here with me." Henry stroked his back softly to comfort him and before they knew it, people started to scream, yell and cheering?

They both pulled away from their hug before Alex helped Henry to stand and they both headed to the living room to watch the poll that just came out.

"We won." Alex whispered and Henry saw Ellen and Oscar came out frantic almost stumbling over the furniture before their eyes are glued to the screen. "We won?" She asks and Alex turned next to him finding his mother and they both hugged. "WE WON!" They all screamed and Henry smiled widely at them letting they expressed their excitement over the joy of their winning and he couldn't be happier.

Alex finally turned to find Henry in the crowd with one crutches under his arm leaning against the couch and grabbed him by his waist. "I told you." Henry says and Alex pressed his lips towards Henry and they both smiled in their deepen kiss. "I love you." He whispered and Henry nods at him. "I love you." He repeats and Alex leaned for another kiss on Henry's lips.