☠︎︎🩺 fifteen

༒︎Damon
***

"What are you doing?" I gasp, looking up to see Aleksandr sitting on my lap.

He just stared down at me with no emotion in his eyes, but they did glow. His face was stoic and gave away nothing. Except I could tell in the way he looked somehow...that there was more to it than this.

Lucifer must be around.

"Master-."

"He's not here." Aleksandr interrupts me.

"I don't believe that for a second." I snort, trying to sit up only for him to shove me back down on my back.

His annoyance began to become more prominent and I could tell he was growing tired of me not falling for this. I wasn't going to die because he wants to toy with me to excite their love life.

I value my life.

He's not...worth losing it for.

"Why don't you believe me?" He questions me sharply.

"You and him do this for fun," I remind him, his expression not faltering, "you get these human pets and you play with them. You try to win them over so that Lucifer gets so angry that he feels a need to kill them to get you back. You both thrive off of such weird and messy behavior... And I won't be your next victim. You're not worth dying for."

When I say that, Aleksandr's eyes widened on me.

I looked around my room more closely to see if Lucifer was hiding anywhere, until I was abruptly facing Aleksandr again. His hand tightly gripping my jaw as he had me looking up at him.

His lips were forming a grin, but it was entirely forced. I couldn't tell if he wanted to harm or do something else to me.

I still couldn't move in my own bed...so I couldn't even guess what he was trying to accomplish.

"I'm not worth your life?" He whispers, and I shake my head. "To kiss...and to hold me, that's not worth your life?"

"I can hold and kiss anyone without having to die for it." I state firmly.

"Am I not beautiful to you?"

I look at him...wondering why he was doing this.

"You are very beautiful. You are so beautiful that you make the sun hide when it sees you out of embarrassment...because you're already so bright." I tell him calmly, seeing his hardened expression become soft. "Your beauty isn't...so much that I'd lose myself over you. It's easy to be brought back down to earth when looking at you."

Aleksandr was just looking down at me, close to my face as he didn't even seem like he wanted to do anything to me now. His eyes were just softly staring at me and his body relaxed on top of me.

Even his hand loosened from my face, just settling there.

"Why is that?"

"When I see your eyes, I remember the truth that you're a vampire, nothing more." I confess.

"What's wrong with vampires?"

"Everything. There is everything wrong with just being a vampire, and there is everything wrong with just being you. You're only acting this way towards me right now because you want to kill me."

"No."

Aleksandr sat up, and I quickly sat up too as he looked at me. His hands gripped my shoulders and I feel his legs straddle me more comfortably.

I reached over and placed a small pillow between us, looking back at him and his unreadable expression.

"Lucifer isn't here, I'll say it once again. He left for a meeting."