☠︎︎🩺 twenty six

☠︎︎Aleksandr
***

"Speak to me...why?"

"It's embarrassing." I breathe, looking back at him as he frowns at my words. "It is embarrassing that I was once so weak. It's embarrassing that those humans even got to touch me the way they did before I realized how wrong...and how dirty it all was. It was sick, they were evil creatures who would prey even on me...the most powerful of them all. I could've easily...tore them all to shreds, but they took their chances anyway because I was so pathetic-."

"Innocent."

I just look at him, watching as he steps towards me. His hands resting on my shoulders just to quickly remove them, I sigh at his cautiousness.

There's nothing to be cautious for now.

"You weren't pathetic, you were just innocent and that means vulnerable. They took advantage of you, and I'm sorry about that." Damon closed his eyes, shaking his head it seems at the thought.

I know...how he can be when it comes to the weak and pathetic. Back then...if he was alive, would he have protected me?

Or would he have been different?

"After all, I had suppressed what I had felt back then for so long. I took revenge against your kind once, but having so many of you killed - not by me, but by others just for their lascivious thoughts. I didn't want to be seen as an object, as something to be taken advantage of. And so many...despite me being a vampire, they would take that chance to do whatever they could to have me because... I don't know." I lower my head, shaking my head quickly. "And then I met Lucifer, you know?"

I sigh shakily, my hands coming to the front of me as I began to pick my skin. A habit I used to do...because it would heal immediately, but I still felt the pain for a slight moment. It was a decent distraction until Damon came closer towards me as his hand gripped my elbow. Caressing it with his thumb gently, I inhale deeply.

"He was supposed to be different, I thought...he was someone who could understand me and who wanted me not for vanity or something dirty. But because they wanted me to be happy, to be happy with me even if it meant everything else. Until..." I stop, about to pick my fingers again until Damon pulls my hand down from the other one.

I look back at him, seeing him shake his head pleasingly.

"And...how did he lose your trust?"

...a couple centuries ago...

"You beat me again."

I sat before William, watching him sigh sadly. I don't say anything as I start rearranging the chess pieces again.

"I don't think I beat anything. You're full of shit, you lost to me on purpose because you probably have something to share." I set the last piece in place, looking him dead in the eyes as he smiles slowly. "Right?"

"You know me so well, you almost make it no fun," William leaned forward, picking up his pawn; but he didn't move it to a spot.

He just hovered it near my face, his smile growing larger.

"I see you've acquired a pawn yourself, and made him into a lousy wannabe knight." He flips his hand so quickly as the knight piece was now in his hand. "Lucifer is one of us I see."

"Yeah...so what?" I swallow, sitting back in my chair. "I can't trust you. I trust no one and Lucifer is the only one who will give his everything to please me. His thoughts aren't...disgusting to read and I truly feel like...he's the one."

"Do you?"

William chuckled, raising his eyebrow curiously.

"Maybe."