☠︎︎🩺 twenty two

☠︎︎Aleksandr
***

"Answer me."

"You already know the answer, so I don't know why you are wanting some kind of affirmation-."

"Jerome, listen, please," I turn away from William, gripping the doorframe tightly as I saw him look down at the sound of the wood crushing under my hand, "Damon wants you to come back, as you are. As you are right now, human. He saw you, you realize that right? He saw you at that gala and he saw your eyes. It's not like he only saw your back and you can lie off of that. He saw your eyes, he saw that you are still human, he saw you with a collar, he saw that you looked healthy; but not the best. If I bring him to you and you're...red-eyed, he'd lose it."

Jerome doesn't say anything, shaking his head as if all of what I said meant nothing.

"Well, I can easily tell him that I was sick and tell him my cause. I know my brother-."

"And I know the him right now, he will not accept that-."

"If you really knew my brother, you'd know that as long as he saw I was okay, it doesn't matter how I come back to him. Human, or not." Jerome interrupts me harshly, my eyes widening on his. "Damon is different from me, and I'm different from him. Those humans, those keepers, and those coaches took advantage of our situation. He put himself first so that I wouldn't have to fight and be beaten up. He would do anything for me...and he'd also do anything for the next weak thing he sees. He's not an outwardly selfish person, very rarely have I ever seen him be selfish. Unless something changed within these few years - which I doubt - I still will always know him better than you. Me being a vampire...won't change anything; if anything, it'll have him wanting to be one too."

My own anger dissipated, and I began to feel an immense amount of excitement.

Jerome's words were playing in my head now. 'Me being a vampire...won't change anything; if anything, it'll have him wanting to be one too.'

If Jerome comes to him as a vampire, would that inspire Damon to become one too? For better words, he'd be just like all of us. No more risks of Lucifer wanting to do anything to him, because he wouldn't be able to.

"You are...for certain?" I ask him quietly.

"What?"

"You are for certain that he will want to become a vampire if he sees you being one?" I question him more loudly, Jerome nodding. "Why...do you think that?"

"I just know...how he is, that's all. If the only person he calls family is a vampire, now living forever, he'd want to live the same with me. I just know him."

I don't say anything, looking away from him as a smile slowly grows to my lips.

"Let me think about it." Is all I say, Jerome's eyes moving off of me and onto William. I turn away as I began to walk down the hall.

I wanted to ask Damon first. I want to ask him...if becoming a vampire would even be an option for him. Because so far, I don't think so.

As I'm walking, I hear Jerome close his door. That only meant that either William was still standing there, or-.

When I feel William's hand rest on my shoulder, I yank away instantly. Except I already knew it was too late as I saw the tips of his fingers were paler in comparison to the rest of his body.

He already read me.

"I see that you are still incredibly selfish." William tells me, and I don't say anything as he pulls his hand back now. "Except your way of thinking is changed. You really want Damon, a human being?"