Chapter 16: Mistake

The second I wake up, I instantly feel regret. Fuck. What did I do? Last night the last thing I expected was to sleep with Noah, but between not being able to go home, and seeing Brayden with someone else, I needed something. Noah just happened to be there, offering me a perfect distraction.

I swear I am never drinking again.

I woke up on Noah's bed to the sound of my phone. Not wanting to wake Noah up, I quickly grab my phone and silence it, not even looking at who was calling. As soon as the phone is quiet, I see who is calling me.

Brayden.

Can this get any worse? I don't want to talk to him. I don't know what I really want, but I know that I don't want to talk to Brayden, I don't want to talk to Noah, and I don't want to go home. This was all just a big mistake. A big mistake that has left me naked, in one of my best friends bed's.

Unfortunately, my attempt to not wake Noah fails, as I feel him stir behind me.

"Who's Brayden?"

Fuck my life. It's worse. I quickly answer while pulling my way off the bed and finding my clothes on the floor.

"Uh. No one"

"Doesn't look like no one". Noah deadpans. He has always been able to see right through me. Even during school when my ex boyfriend would piss me off, Noah was always there silently supporting me.

"He's just someone I work with. I was supposed to call him today to discuss a photoshoot" I lie. "I'll just call him back later".

"Oh, okay. Well then come back to bed, it's still early" Noah say's while attempting to pull me back into bed.

I quickly escape his grapes and pull on my shirt over my head. "I actually have to head out... but I'll..." fuck what am I supposed to say right now. "... I'll call you later or something". I pull on my pants, and stand up from the bed making a B-line toward the door.

Unfortunately, Noah is faster then I am, and is in front of me blocking my exit before I can register it. "Just wait a second, don't you think that we should talk. Figure out what we are and stuff?" he asks.

I am definitely not in the right mind frame to have this conversation, but I know that Noah is not going to let me leave this room without some sort of explanation. My guilt washes over me even more, when I see the fear in his eyes. This meant something to him. I registered what he just said. Figure out what we are. He thinks this makes us something, that this was more than just a one night stand. FUCK. As much as I hate myself right now, and feel really guilty, I need to get out of this god damn house.

" We don't have anything to talk about, Noah. It's okay. We're friends and this does not have to change anything."

I thought that maybe he would accept this and let me go. We could both just pretend that nothing ever happened and move on, but Noah had other ideas.

"Doesn't have to change anything? Of course this changes things B. Last night was amazing, and I know you felt it to"

Fuck fuck.

"Noah..." I start but I am speechless. I don't want to hurt him, but I can't lead him on, and I need to get out of this house. Might as well just dig myself a grave at this point. "... I-I"

Before I could even figure out what to say, Noah cut me off. "No! Don't say you don't feel the same. I know you do, you're just scared. I have been in love with you since I first met you, but you were dating that idiot Carter so I waited. I waited until he broke your heart, and then I was there to pick up all the pieces."