#8 Change of plans

Dshawn stood me up. When I realize just how stupid I am for waiting for him for half an hour, I pick up my phone to text him, but decide against it. He's the one asking me for a favor, not the other way around. If he can't show up to pick me up for lunch, then why the hell should I even ask him why the fuck he's not here?

To be honest, I had a very steamy dream about him last night that has me revved up so much that I need an outlet. I text Joshua, but he doesn't respond. He's probably in class anyway.

I try Caroline next, just to vent for a while, but she doesn't pick up either. I'm so fed up with all the people in my life by now that I decide to go to the gym to take out my frustration that way. I run on the treadmill for an hour and do some squats, but nothing helps. Maybe if there was a cute guy around here somewhere, but there are only girls in here today for some reason.

When my phone rings half an hour before I have to leave for my evening shift, I hope it's Dshawn or Joshua. I need an explanation or to know that I have a place to go after my shift for a good fuck. Of course, it's neither. It's my boss at Animals, asking if I can come over after my shift at Giovanni's to cover for a bartender who is out sick tonight. I grudgingly agree, knowing that I've got nothing better going on anyway.

I arrive at Giovanni's just in time, rushing in to put my stuff in the back before putting on the little apron and taking the first orders of the night. When I walk into the kitchen for the first time that night, I immediately see Hollister grinning at me, throwing me a wink behind Kieran's back. I just nod, in no mood for his flirty ass. I yell my order at them, slap down the ticket and head back out front. It's like that all night, until my shift is over and I have fifteen minutes to myself before I need to get in my car and drive to the club. My tips aren't as good as they usually are, but then again, I'm not as chipper as I should be. At least I'm still making money, even on a crap night like this. Animals pays pretty good too, more than my job here, so at least my bank account will benefit.

"Hey."

I look at up at Hollister from the bench on the side of the parking lot where I'm sitting to eat the sandwich Kieran made me to eat between shifts.

"Hey," I grunt with my mouth full.

He grins and takes a seat next to me. "It's my break. I've got two more hours on my shift."

I'm not sure why he's telling me that, so I just nod and finish off my sandwich.

"I broke things off with Jane," he tells me. "A few days ago, actually."

"I'm sorry to hear that," I say, licking my fingers to get off the sauce I spilled onto them.

Hollister is watching my movements with hungry eyes, wetting his lips with his tongue. "I don't want you to be sorry," he says softly, moving a little closer. "I want you to be glad."

I stick my index finger in my mouth and suck on it long and hard, even though I've already cleaned it off. Hollister's blue eyes widen even more and he grunts, one of his hands moving to push my hair out of my face.

"You're so goddamn sexy," he groans. "You told me to make sure I was single before putting the moves on you again. Well, here I am."

"Let's see those moves then," I say huskily.

He leans in and presses his lips to mine, one of his hands knotting in my hair as the other rests on my hip. I've been wondering what he'd taste and feel like for a long time now and I'm still in weird mood from everything that happened today – or, more accurately, everything that didn't happen today – so I just throw my all into the kiss. I bite his lower lip, making him grunt in appreciation. He slips his tongue in and just completely dominates me. The kiss is so utterly controlling that I get turned on within seconds, wanting more than just to kiss him. My hands slide into his long curls, happy to find that they're just as soft as I imagined.