Chapter One - I'm just an Omega

CALISTA GRACE
I slam the front door closed and run up the stairs, sobbing. What did I ever do to deserve such goddess-awful things?

"You're a worthless Omega." Amberlyn spat at me. "You don't belong here mutt." One of her goons said from beside her and I look up to see that it's Wren.
Get up. I try to tell myself. I try to stand but Amberlyn shoves me down with a growl, her wolf stepping through.
Tears form in my eyes, but I can't- I won't let her see it. I won't give her the satisfaction. I try to stand and this time I'm successful thanks to a nearby teacher telling Amberlyn and her crew to get to class.
When they're off me I walk out of the school and don't look back.

The tears fall freely now. Not caring anymore about wondering eyes. My bedroom door bursts open, and my younger brother enters with a worried look. "What's wrong?" He asks his eyes narrowed. "Nothing." I say, turning my head back to my window, away from his gaze.
"If nothing's wrong, why are you crying?" He asks. Hearing his footsteps I glance to see him walking toward me. "I'm tired Parker, I'm so fucking tired of just being treated so terribly all the time." I tell him glancing away from him.
He sighs and doesn't say anything for a moment. "Who's messing with you?" He finally says, quietly. "Amberlyn and her friends."
He sighs again. He knows there's nothing either of us can do. Amberlyn is the Betas daughter. The second in command.
And I'm just an Omega.
                             ———————————-
At dinner I don't tell my parents or sister what went down today and Parker doesn't say anything either.
"I'm going on a run." I tell my family.
I feel Parker's stare as I wait for my parents reply but I don't look at him. "Okay, be careful honey." My mom says and my dad just nods at me. "Can I come with you?" My younger sister, Jude, asks me. "Not tonight. I just want the silence." I tell her.
She purses her lips and nods once. "We can go tomorrow..." I tell her, my guilt weighing me down. She looks at me with a gleam in her eyes, "yeah I would like that." I smile at her and walk out the back door and start walking towards the woods.
I can't wait to find my mate and get as far from this pack as I can.
                           —————————————
My wolf, Maeve, runs through the trees faster than she ever has. She's angry. Wolves don't take lightly getting treated badly by their own pack mates.
Plus, Maeves a feisty wolf. The opposite of me.
I always wonder why she got stuck with a human totally opposite of her.
Yet she's the best thing to ever happen to me.
"We should rip them apart!" Maeve shouts through my mind.
"Right, and risk getting ripped apart ourselves." I tell her.
"I'm no Mutt Calista. I don't like being treated as such." She responds with a snarl.
"They were talking to me, not you." I answer.
"I'm apart of you. They insult you, they insult me." She tells me.
My heart warms at her words but I can't help feeling like she deserves better. Maeve deserves to be with a higher-ranking human. Someone who matches her and doesn't cry when people yell at her.
I sigh and let Maeve take the lead so I can clear my mind.

——————-
AUTHOR NOTE
Thank you for reading chapter one of "Little wolf" I hope you enjoyed.
Please give me any feedback or suggestions in the comments I love to hear them.
I love yall and I'll see you in chapter two!!
<3

_________

AUTHOR NOTE

If you are interested in how the characters look the last chapter named "characters" has all of them with no spoilers. The only thing is there are characters there who you won't meet until much later or the end. 

<3

__________