Chapter four - moon on a string

CALISTA GRACE

Anaya's mate, Jayce, is an ordinary pack member. He's recently turned eighteen and suspected Anaya was his mate because he got snippets of her scent before she turned eighteen, but the full force of the mate bond didn't go in effect until her birthday.

She asked him why he didn't talk to her, and his reasoning was what I was worried about with my mate. His ranking. Anaya is a Gamma and Jayce is ordinary.

If he's worried, what will it be like for me?

Luckily for him Anaya is one of the best people in this pack.

I like Jayce. He's a sweet guy and he absolutely adores Anaya.

I hope it's like this for me.

"It will be." Maeve says with a huff.

I smile at her but don't say anything.

"Any wolf would be lucky to have me. And any human would be lucky to have you." Maeve says.

"Hey girl." Anaya says. Her and her mate walking hand and hand to sit at our lunch table.

Jayce smiles at me as he sits.

"You know, I feel like I've known you forever." he says to me as he pointedly looks at Anaya.

"Well Anaya does love me so you better get used to hearing about me." I say, jokingly.

He laugh slightly, "Well I'm glad my mate loves you so much she's talked about you nonstop." he says, and Anaya slaps his arm playfully with a smile on her face.

My smile grows wider as I watch them. Sure, I'm slightly jealous and pray to the Goddess that my mate is just like him but I'm so happy for my best friend.

She deserves the moon on a string if that's what she wants.

___________________

"What do you want to do for your birthday, sweetheart?" my mom asks me.

I would have a party like Anaya, but I can't say if anyone would show up.

"Just because you're Omega doesn't mean people don't want to find their mate." Maeve says through gritted teeth.

"What's wrong sweetie?" my asks, confused.

"What do you mean?" I ask but then I catch my reflection. My eyes are yellow.

"Give me back control." I say to my wolf.

"Not until you stop criticizing yourself. I'm tired of hearing your thoughts." she says back.

"Okay I'm sorry. Please." I beg her.

"Human, I can feel your emotions. Don't lie to me." she grits back.

I huff but it's no use. When Maeve wants something, she always gets it.

"Nothing. Maeve's in a mood." I tell my mom, but a growl comes out that was not from me.

My mom chuckles before saying, "Well, do you want to have a party like Anaya? We can talk to the Alpha..."

"Yeah, sure mom, that's fine. I'm going to let Maeve out for a run."

She nods as I walk out of my house and charge for the woods.

I shift mid-air not caring about my now shredded clothes. Maeves wound up lately and nothing besides runs keeps her from blowing up.

She hates disrespect. She hates Amberlyn and all her little friends. She hates Rhett. She hates everyone who's ever backed us into a corner and made us feel unworthy.

She hates them all.

Sometimes I have to fight to keep her from rising at school.

She's stronger than an Omega wolf should be, but she keeps my head up when school gets really hard, and I love her for it.

Maeve comes up to a stop at her favorite spot by the river. She rests for a while and drinks water from the shallow area.

Then we feel a presence.

Maeve's head snaps up immediately and turns to the side at the feel of someone watching.

It's the same Black wolf with silver eyes we seen last time. Except he isn't snarling like before. He's just watching us.

Meave, syncing no danger, reluctantly turns to get more water.

After a few moments she feels the wolf move toward us and turns her body around to face him.

It's an Alpha from this pack although we don't know which one.

He comes up to us and tilts his head to the side a few times.

Maeve sniffs the air but nothing out of the ordinary sticks out.

Then the Alpha wolf does something unexpected. He lowers his paws and belly and sticks out his tongue, his tail wagging.

He's trying to play.

Maeve stands there for a few moments before giving in and doing the same position as the wolf in front of her.

He jumps up and runs in the opposite direction looking behind him to make sure Maeve follows.

She does. She chases after him and jumps on his back. He rolls around and knocks her off. Then he does the same position he did to begin with but this time he bounces back and forth until Maeve finds her ground again.

He barks out a laugh. Literally.

Maeve runs this time, and the Alpha wolf does the chasing.

He tries the same move Maeve did, but she dodges out of the way at the last second making him crash on the ground. She runs back toward him and steps above him. The wolf grins at her before reaching up to lick her face a few times.

Her ears perk. The Alpha wolf is kissing her. And she loves it.

She licks him back and the wolf whines slightly before rolling over, positioning Maeve's body beside his and resting his head above her neck. His tail falls on her hind legs, and it only takes a few moments for the Alpha wolf to fall asleep.

____________________

AUTHOR NOTE

Thank you Thank you Thank you for reading chapter four of "Little wolf"

I hope you're enjoying it.

Please leave comments and feedback. I love to hear them.

I'll see you in chapter five!

<3