Chapter Twenty-one - all I wanted was you..

CALISTA GRACE
After a couple hours Jude says that she needs to settle some things in her room, but I don't miss the smirk as she turns towards the pack house.

Leaving me alone with Rhett.

Maeve faces Cronos and we just stare at each other for a moment before he pounces.
Our wolves roll around on the ground playing and I sigh.
We needed this whether we wanted it or not.
—————————————

After our wolfs were content with the time they got to spend with each other Rhett and I changed back into our human forms, getting changed into spare clothes.

"Thank you for letting my wolf run." Rhett tells me.

I fight the need to glance at him as we walk back to the packhouse.

My wolf doesn't care if he only likes us now because of our newly found rank; just that he does.

I can't lie, it feels damn good that my mate wants me.

"It's no big deal, Rhett." I say smiling at him.

He gives me a weird look that has me saying, "What?" 

"I hate myself for never realizing all I ever needed was you. I'll spend the rest of forever making it up to you, little wolf." he says before leaning in to kiss my cheek.

The sparks from our mate bond shoot over every being of my body.

"Rhett... I can't help but think this is all because of who I am..." I trail off avoiding eye contact with him out of pure cowardness.

"Before, yes, I wanted someone with a high ranking, and I'm the biggest ass for it. But after going three years without you, without my mate, I didn't care if you were the lowest ranking wolf from the lowest ranking pack... I just wanted you. I searched for you day in and day out and when I couldn't find you... let's just say my pack probably hates me." he says deep in thought.

I smile at his words though. My wolf jumps up and down in excitement.

"And what about Amberlyn?" I ask.

He sighs, "I needed a Luna. You know how my father is... she is easier to give what she wants than most, and I know how that sounds but, as long as she had power, I could still look for you every spare chance I got."

"And why didn't you just say I was your mate? If you had said that you know they would have found me!" I say, getting angrier.

Rhett pulls my hand in his before saying, "Because I knew you hated me, and there was a slight chance you chose to stay away... if I dragged you back... it would have risked you hating me more."

"All I wanted was you. All I ever wanted was you, Rhett." I say, one tear falling down my cheek.

He takes his free hand and whips the rogue tear away with his thumb.

"I'm sorry it took me so long to realize that all I want is you too. It shouldn't have took you being taken away for me to realize, but it did, and for that I am sorry." he says pulling me into his chest and kissing my forehead.

After a moment I pull back and say, "Me too."

And I tell myself its the mate bond, the pull that has me crashing my lips to his.

__________________________

AUTHOR NOTE

YAY!!

<3