2

Luciano Rey Delgado

"I think the best gift I can ever give someone is mercy, and mercy is an understatement for what I've given Carlos Pisuto," I say, seething with anger.

This pathetic, so-called cartel leader has been stealing my shipments for months.

"Just form the alliance with Mateo," Dad says on the other end of the phone.

I'm in Italy because my father convinced me to form an alliance with Mateo Accardi, the leader of the Italian mafia. I'm only doing it because my dad said so, and I want Carlos dead as soon as possible. So, it wouldn't hurt to get some help.

"I will," I say.

Dad and Lorenzo Accardi were allies back in the day when they were both capos. Apparently, their alliance was deadly, and Dad thinks Mateo and my alliance will be the same. But I doubt that. I don't work well with people.

"I'll call you later to hear about the alliance," Dad says. "Okay," I respond.

I slip my phone into my pocket after my father hangs up.

I'm Luciano Rey Delgado. The capo of the spanish mafia, I'm known as 'El rey de la mafia española' the king of the spanish mafia.

I've been a capo for nine years, and during this time, I've established a fearsome reputation. Just the mention of my name makes people tremble in fear, and I must admit, I love it.

Ariella Anna Accardi

I crawled into bed really late last night, not to mention how high I was, and now I'm dealing with the worst headache ever.

I reach over to my nightstand to check the time.

Shit, it's already 12 AM.

I completely forgot that Mateo wants me to go to a meeting with him today.

I immediately get out of bed, rushing to my bathroom. I switch on the water in the shower before heading to my closet. There, I pick out some clothes and lay them neatly on my bed before stripping off my clothes and stepping into the shower.

After a quick shower, I step out and grab a fluffy towel, using it to dry myself off.

Once dry, I quickly dress up before starting my everyday skincare routine.

I toss a few things into my handbag before rushing out of my room. As I'm walking down the stairs, I see Mateo standing at the door.

"It's about time you woke up," he says. "Ariella, I told you about this meeting yesterday," he adds.

"I'm here, aren't I?" I reply defensively. Mateo rolls his eyes before turning to open the door, and we both step out.

We walk over to Mateo's Bentley, where one of our drivers opens the backseat door. We both enter before he shuts the door and makes his way around the car to the driver's seat.

He drives us to our family company, and we step out of the car. Walking through the glass doors that open automatically, we enter the building.

I greet the woman at the front desk before we head to the elevator. The doors open, and we step in, pressing the "3" button. The elevator takes us to the third floor.

We walk out of the elevator and make our way to the conference room, where we find our father seated in one of the seats.

"Dad? What are you doing here?" I ask.
"I'm here for the meeting," he replies.

Who are we having a meeting with anyway?

Mateo and I take a seat. We discuss a few things as we wait for Dad and Mateo's guest.

After a few minutes, the door is pushed open, and an unfamiliar man walks in.

Who the fuck is this?

"Luciano, thanks for coming," Dad says.

"Thanks for having me," the man says in a deep Spanish accent.

The man takes a seat.

"Luciano, this is my sister, Ariella Anna Accardi," Mateo introduces.

"Ariella, this is Luciano Rey Delgado, the capo of the Spanish mafia," Mateo explains.

Why the hell would he have a meeting with the capo of the Spanish mafia?

"Let's discuss the alliance," Mateo says.

Alliance???

"What alliance?" I question.

"The alliance we're about to form with Luciano," he says.

No way in hell am I letting form an alliance with someone he probably just met.

"Why the fuck do you want to form an alliance with him?" I question, lucianos eyes shift to me giving an irritated look.

"We are forming this alliance with him because its about time we kill Carlos"

"We don't fucking need him" I say. "For all we know he could be some creep tryna get close to our mafia so he can betray us or something" I say.

"Lucianos, father and I are friends, and I trust them, " dad says, and I scoff, wrapping my arms over my chest.

"Mr. Accardi, you better tell your daughter to watch her tone because I don't take disrespect from anyone, not even my allies' sisters," Luciano says, his tone firm.

"No need for threats. She just wants what's best for our mafia," Mateo responds calmly.

And just like that, they continue talking about their stupid alliance while I'm sitting in this chair with my arms crossed, my head pounding, and a strong desire to leave.

After enduring 20 minutes of listening to these three men talk, I've had enough. I stand up and walk out of the conference room.

I stand outside, leaning against a wall, feeling frustrated. After a few minutes, they all walk out. Luciano exits first and heads straight to the elevator, followed by Dad and Mateo. I don't bother talking to them; I just walk behind them to the elevator. We wait for it to come back up after Luciano used it. The doors open, and we get in, pressing the "G" button. It takes us to the first floor, and we exit the building, standing outside. We say goodbye to Dad, and he walks to his Mercedes parked a few cars away from our Bentley. The driver opens our doors for us, and we enter before he starts the engine.

This chapter was pretty bad and short, but I promise it'll get better
Thank you for reading.
Toodles.