12

Ariella Anna Accardi

I slept on the idea of marrying Luciano last night, and I've honestly come to terms with it.

Since I woke up, I've been in Lia's room, and we've been talking. I told her about what Mateo said about me moving to Spain with Luciano, and it obviously upset her. It's not any fun for me either. The idea of leaving my best friend, who is basically a sister, honestly hurts.

A notification comes on my phone. I check, and Mateo sent me a message saying that the wedding planner is downstairs in the living room with Luciano.

"Uh, I have to go down; the wedding planner is here," I inform Lia.

"Okay," Lia says before I walk towards the door and step out, making my way downstairs.

I enter the living room to find a woman holding a clipboard with a paper and pen, talking to Luciano, who is seated comfortably in his single couch with his legs spread and his arms on the armrest.

Why does he look so hot today?

I take a seat by the lady.

"I have no particular requests. Just do whatever my fiancée wants," he says, his eyes fixed on me.

Fiancée...? Hell no, he shouldn't call me that. But why does it sound so good leaving his mouth?

The lady turns to me, her expression kind. "Ma'am, is there anything you would want for your wedding particularly?" she asks.

I take a moment to think. If I'm going to get married, I have to think big.

"I want my wedding at the Royal Parlar venue," I declare, mentioning the most expensive venue I know in Brazil.

"And I want a wedding arbor made out of the most expensive flowers you can find in Brazil."

"My guests should sit at tables and chairs made of pure gold," I continue, determined to make this as extravagant as possible.

"And they should eat on really expensive plates with expensive cutlery."

I continue to mention very expensive things because if my dad and Mateo want to marry me off, it must cost them a fortune.

I swear I see Luciano smirk for a second as I'm blurting out expensive things.

"Is that all?" The lady questions after I've just spent the last 40 minutes mentioning some of the most expensive things in the world for my wedding.

"Yes," I say, smiling at her.

"Okay," she says, "I'll try to get everything done as soon as possible," before standing up, holding the clipboard to her chest, and leaving the living room.

"Give me your bank account details," Luciano says.

"Why?" I ask, puzzled.

"I'm going to send you money to buy yourself any ring you want," he explains.

I reluctantly give him my bank account details, and soon enough, I hear a chime from my phone.

It's a message from my bank saying I have received $65 million dollars.

I gasp at the amount of money before I compose myself.

"Thank you," I say, trying to keep my cool before standing up and leaving the living room.

Immediately, I head up to Lia's room.

"Girl, look how much Luciano sent me for a ring," I say, showing her the notification.

She puts her hand over her mouth. "OMG, you can buy such a nice ring with that money."

"I know," I say, still in disbelief.