FOUR: 𝑯𝒂𝒍𝒂𝒍? 𝑯𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒎?

✿◉。⁠*°Halal? Haram?◉。⁠*°✿

Hadya's pov

I sat on the couch with Mr. Jeon, maintaining a distance when he took a drink from the waiter making me scrunch my nose and move a little more away from him making him look at me .

"Haram" i said pointing at his drink.

"What?" He asked confused making me sigh.

"There are some things which are prohibited for Muslim's to eat and drink and alcohol is one among them" i said.

"Why?" He again questions.

"Alcohol is haram because it is intoxicating and contains a substance that makes people lose their minds. Allah has forbidden everything that harms the body and mind. Using alcohol in ways other than drinking it may be permitted if small amounts are used, such as mixing it with perfumes that are used on clothes or the body, because it keeps them from spoiling, and because it keeps the clothes clean. This is OK, but drinking it is not permissible under any circumstances." I stated making him nod.

"Then eat something else like meat, pork" he said making me shake my head.

"Pork is haram for us too. And the meat here would not be halal" i said

"What is halal?" He asked.

I turned towards him "Pork is haram in Islam. Haram means the things we can't eat or drink but can use them in other ways. We usually say the things we take make us like them, so when we see a pig it loves dirt and it eats its own excreta. So Islam has forbidden us to eat foods which harm us. You may have read articles on the multiple diseases caused by pork.
And we can eat only Halal foods like the animal which is not slaughtered in the name of Allah becomes haram for us. Allah says in the Quran, our holy book that {Prohibited to you are dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah, and [those animals] killed by strangling or by a violent blow or by a head-long fall or by the goring of horns, and those from which a wild animal has eaten, except what you [are able to] slaughter [before its death], and those which are sacrificed on stone altars, and [prohibited is] that you seek decision through divining arrows.} So i think everything here is haram other than water, juice and veggies"

He nodded his head and took the juice from the waiter forwarding it towards me and i took it without touching him "thank you" i said.

Mr. Steven came on stage announcing about the deal with us and called Mr. Jeon while i kept sipping on my orange juice.

"I hope the deal will benefit both of the companies and our relations get stronger and i hope we'll be able to crack more of the deals in future" Mr. Jeon said and walked back towards me.

"Enjoy the party" Mr. Steven said and came down the stage.

Mr. Steven came towards us with his secretary and we started discussing the deal in detail in a separate room.