06 - Five stages of Grief (Love) - Denial

A/N - y/f/c = your favorite color

----------

Luckily, our tents sat at the edge of the forest, so they were unscathed. We grabbed all of our things and left the ruined camp, finding a portkey and immediately went home.

Home being The Burrow.

Molly ran up to Arthur, wrapping him in one of her imfamous bone crushing hugs instantly.

"Oh! I'm so glad you're okay! Thank Merlin!"

She looked over at the twins. "Oh, Fred, George. I'm so sorry. Oh, I can not believe the last thing I did was scold you! Oh, I'm so sorry."

Her gaze met mine, and I got wrapped in a bone crushing hug.

"y/n! I'm so incredibly sorry, dear. I was not in my right mind doing that to you!"

"Ita okay, Molly. Don't apologize." I said, trying to sound somewhat comforting.

----------

"Oh! Before I forget, I'm going to Diagon Alley to pick up some things. y/n, Hermione, what are your favorite colors?" Molly asked, spurring up whispers around the table as we ate dinner.

"Periwinkle Blue." Hermione said.

"Uhm... y/f/c. Why do you ask?" I say.

"That... I am not allowed to say. It's a surprise for school this year, dear." Molly said, picking up our plates. "Right. Off to bed! You need as much sleep as possible for when school starts in a few days."

The table erupted with groans of protest.

"That's rubbish, Mum. Can't we stay up for a bit longer?" The twins say.

"It's eight at night. Supper was late. No if's and's or but's about it. Bed! All of you!" Molly clapped her hands, ushering us all to bed.

As Hermione, Ginny, and I climb the stairs, I watch Ginny's eyes linger on Harry.

I shove the two girls into our room, and Hermione and I share a knowing look before turning our attention to Ginny. 

"So... When are you gonna ask Harry out...?" I wiggle my eyebrows.

"When are you going to ask out Fred?" She immediately retaliated. I spit out my non-existent water. When I look up at her with huge eyes, practically bulging out of my head.

"Come again?"

"Fred. When. You. Ask. Out?" Ginny chopped her hands through the air with each word. Hermione chortle alongside Ginny. I chuckle nervously with them.

"Okay, Ginevra. I hate the boy. He hates me. That's. That." I said, mocking her hand chopping.

"He's obsessed with you!" Hermione says.

"No, he's not!"

"Yes, he is! He talks about you all the freaking time!" Ginny exclaims. Crossing her arms and stomping he foot lightly.

I look at her perplexed. What could that boy possibly find so insulting about me that he had to tell everyone else? 

"Her eye! Her voice! Godric! Like a fallen angel!" The girls mock.

I chuckle and finish their sentence, "Screaming bloody murder. Yeah. I've heard that one before." I roll my eyes and sit on my bed, examining my chipped nail polish, and scabbed over cuticles.

"No, actually." Hermione says, opening her book.

I look at Ginny, who just chuckles and sits on her bed. "What are you talking about?" I ask, but both girls just giggle, not giving me any clue as to what on earth they were talking about. "Ginny... Tell me." I look at her.