07 - Finally Home

We all -Angelina, Katie, Alicia, George, Lee, Fred, and I- fit into the horseless carriage already soaked by the rain that decided to freeze all of us. I sat near the front of the carriage, mushed to the side by the person I despised. Merlin's beard, he got under my skin. 

George, Lee, and Alicia giggle during the whole time to the castle. Katie made the odd comment, but other than that, we were all silent. Not even Fred was making jokes. I looked across from me and saw Angelina giving Fred the same look she was giving on the train. The one that made my stomach turn, yet not in the way that made me sick. But in the way I'd never honestly recognized before.

We arrived and I was frozen, my cheeks flushed from the frigid outdoor temperatures. My usual cold hands were, well, cold. But they sat in my pockets, yet they were still almost violet in color while me body was wracked with constant shivers. 

I stepped foot into the castle, instantly warmer. Yet the wetness of my robes certainly weren't going the heat justice. I frowned at my robes that ripped onto my shoes. I huffed at the rain, cursing it under my breath.

A rough hand grabbed my wrist, hoisting me close to them. I looked up through my wet, rained on strands of hair and scowled. Just then, water splashes on the back of my shin, causing me to yelp at the freezing temperature. I looked behind me and saw a puddle of pink water right where I was stood only moments before. I looked up an immediately found the culprit, cackling.

"Shove off, Peeves." George said from in from of us. 

"What? It's harmless." Peeves protested. "Besides, I want to- oh right." He chuckles and slowly drifted into the wall behind him, grinning like the Cheshire cat. 

"What the-" I was cut off by George laughing. "Huh?" I say, confused. I look around and go to walk into the great hall when I turn to see Fred, staring at our interlocked hands.

I couldn't read his face, the blank expression showed nothing. No signs of life. no reaction. literally nothing. I pulled back our hands. He remained frozen, his callouses fingers gliding over mine. Though rough, they seemed soft. In a weirdly good way. I didn't know how to explain it. Like small pins an needles line my hand, forcing their way to my stomach.

I shook away the thought and wandered into the great hall. The space never ceased to amaze me. The enchanted candles... the roof. Merlin's beard, the roof. Perfection.

I sat at my respective spot at the table, astounded. I am unable to keep my eyes off of the ceiling. The rain poured, stopping only feet above our heads. Lightning flashed, lighting up the hall.

"Wow..." I say. Catching a glimpse of the moon through a clearing of clouds. I always thought the moon was beautiful. An ethereal beauty, something indescribable...

●Fred's POV●

Indescribable. That was the best way to describe y/n. I watched as she stared at the sky, something she did every year. At least once a month, failing to finish dinner due to her trance caused by the seemingly magical ceiling.

I looked around, seeing everyone gather around in the hall, moving to their tables before all the new first Years came in for sorting.

It was not my favorite time. Having to listen to that wretched hat sing... it looked like it got pulled out of dumpster for crying out loud. Seriously, why was it so important?  

The hat finished singing an sorting and thank Merlin, because I was starving. 

Dumbledore stood from his seat and made his way to the podium or whatever it's called. He silenced the room, "Stuents and Proffesors... Boys, girls, and ghosts." He paused. "This year is one of excitement. Hogwarts and the Ministry of Magic are very please announce that Hogwarts will be this year's host to the Triwizard tournament!"