09 - Denial is a river in Egypt

"You know, it is not best to kidnap spiders from a teacher and proceed and not eat dinner." 

I jumped and turned to see Fred leaning against a small boulder.

"Oh, hush. I will eat. Stop babying me." I wave my hand in dismissal.

"As much as I despise you in all your wretched glory, you still should eat." He crossed his arms and stared at me, eyebrow cocked. 

I made a face and looked at him again. He forced a little smile. I stuck my tongue out at him. "Arse."

Fred's mouth popped open, and he placed a hand on his chest. "How rude. I'm just trying to help. But alas, the lady does not deem it necessary." He forced his accent to become even more posh. If that was even a thing. 

"You are so annoying." I put the jar back in my satchel and stood, walking past him and on my way back to the castle. 

"Only for you." He chided, keeping pace with my strides, occasionally walking faster and forcing me to catch up. Stupid boy. 

By the time we had gotten to the castle and into the dining hall, I was bombarded by George. 

"Oh, y/n! Where were you! We were worried sick! Well. Some of us more than others, but oh well. Oh yeah! Fredie and I manage to get some ingredients for that aging potion, by the way! When will you be free to start brewing it?" He asked while offering me some mashed potatoes.

"Erm... Probably around the very end of this month? Since the other schools will be arriving on the thirtieth an the potion takes roughly three weeks to brew... We'd be safe to start brewing then." I shrugged. "But I refuse to be the only one staying up at night to brew the concoction."

Both George and Fred contemplated for a moment, then nodded in unison. "Alright. Deal." They said.

-

October first finally rolled around, and it was finally a Saturday. The bickering between me and Fred had only worsened, and I didn't think it would get better. Every now and then there would be a peace treaty, but they never lasted longer than half a day before one of us couldn't stand each other.

Yet every time I saw him... No. That was no way for me to think. I don't like him. He's a git. He's a worm. A tall, ginger, worm...

I have been beating myself up over it, and no matter what I tried, nothing worked. 

As of right now, I was sitting in the boys' dorm sorting the ingredients while Fred and George tossed firework sparks to each other. 

They both fumed when they discovered that girls could enter boys' dorms but not vice versa, which made me laugh at them both. 

"y/n~ Are you one yet?" George laid his head on his bed.

"Georgie, I haven't even started."

"Well, you're taking too long. Be faster." Fred laughed at himself, knowing full well that I could not go faster.

"Alright, wiseass. You come do it." I shifted and offered the cauldron holding scolding hot water.

"Er... No thanks." Fred said, opening a strawberry candy and eating it.

"That's what I thought." I huffed and put in the first few ingredients, stirring them thoroughly. 

Hours went by, and I stayed trapped in my thoughts, randomly pulled out of said thoughts by dumb questions from the twins.

"Hey, Munch, if you were to drop soap on the floor, is the floor clean or the soap dirty?" George had asked. 

I pause for a moment, thinking. "That's... Stop hurting my brain with your strange questions, Georgie." I chuckle, still stirring the liquid inside the cauldron, watching as it turned from green to purple.

I rolled my stiff shoulders and moved back into my thoughts. At some point, both twins had changed into their sleep wear without my knowledge, but I didn't mind. My thoughts wandered aimlessly. No true destination in mind.

Maybe I did like Fred... No. I can't. That - No. Absolutely not - That's absolutely disgust-

My own thoughts were cut off by a yawn. I checked my watch. Eleven at night already? I rolled my head, sending a loud crack down my neck. I propped myself on my elbows and continued to stir.

It could have been only ten minutes before my head started to bob, and my eyelids began to drop.

"I'll take it from here, sweetheart." Fred stood and walked behind me. 

I glared at him as he pried the spoon out of my hand. His hands were calloused but soft. 

"Sleep in my bed. I've got it." He sat down and stirred the cauldron. I huffed and stood tiredly, slugging my way to his ed. I sat down and laid my head down, just off his pillow. Why does he only have one pillow? 

I paid no mind and watched the ginger from behind, smiling to myself. I sighed softly and put my hand on my head, covering my eyes. No, y/n. No. I rolled over and quickly fell asleep with him lingering in the back of my thoughts.

 -

I woke up the next day with a blanket covering me. I sat up and noticed that both of the twins were up and awake and gathering some prank items, shoving them into their bags.

"Merlin's beard! She's alive!" Fred exclaimed, a cheeky smirk growing on his face.

"Oh, piss off." I grabbed the pillow above my head and covered my face. Only when I decided to breathe did I notice the scent of gunpowder and immediately throw the pillow behind me. "Ew!" I sat up and hurriedly got out of bed. 

George chuckled at my reaction. I looked at the cauldron and saw that a charm had been cast to stir the potion.

"Which one of you did that?" I pointed at the spoon that spun around in the liquid. 

George raised his hand. "I did."

"You couldn't have one that sooner?" I asked, sitting on my hip, blowing a lock of hair out of my face.

He shrugged, "You and him were having a moment." George nudged Fred, who immediately shoved him off.

"Whatever." Fred scoffed and walked out of the room. George followed, leaving me behind so I could actually wake up and get ready for the day.

----------

A/N - Yoooooo, two chaoters this week!!!

Filler chapter? Yes. Do I care? No. <3 
See you hopefully next Friday, Darlings!

By the way! I mentioned that I've been writing a new fanfic as of late! I'll be dropping hints. Many hints. In the next upcoming chapters!