1-9: Vengeance vs Emotionless

EXT. MOON -- NIGHT

Through the blowing trees we see the full moon rising in the night sky. There are Sounds of wind and Chirping Crickets.

EXT. RESIDENTIAL STREET -- NIGHT Annie's car moves down a quiet little residential street and pulls up in front of a two-story house set back from the street: the Doyle house.

Angle From Station Wagon We are in the front seat of the station wagon. Through the windshield we see Laurie get out of Annie's car, say goodbye and walk up to the Doyle's house.

Then Annie's car makes a wide U-turn in the street and starts down the other direction. The station wagon pulls forward and follows her.

Annie stops three houses down the street and pulls into a garage. The station wagon stops several feet away.

We see Annie come out of the garage and walk to another two-story frame house: the Wallace's.

Tracking Shot Behind The Shape, The shape gets out of the station wagon, close to Camera so we can't see him.

He glances down the street. Gusts of wind blow the costumes of children going from house to house. The shape moves.

Camera Tracks behind him as he walks toward the Wallace house. The shape stops in front.

Through the front room windows we can see Annie talking to the Wallace's as they put on their coats. The front door opens.

Camera and shape quickly move behind a tree to hide from sight. The Wallaces step out of their house and walk to the garage.

Annie and Lindsey Wallace, a pretty little nine-year-old, stand in the doorway framed by the hall light.

Out of the garage comes the Wallace's car. It turns and disappears down the street. Annie closes the door.

The shape steps out from behind the tree and stares at the house. Angle On Window The shape moves to see inside a window of the Wallace house.

Inside, we see Annie turn on the TV. She goes to a mirror on the wall and begins to brush her hair.

CUT TO: EXT. MYERS HOUSE -- NIGHT

A police car pulls up in front of the Myers house. Brackett and Loomis get out and stand by the front gate, "Anybody live here?" Loomis asks

"Not since 1963, since it happened. Every kid in Haddonfield thinks this place is haunted." Brackett responds

"They may be right." Loomis adds

Angle Down Side Of House, Looking down the side of the house we see Loomis and Brackett walk up to the front porch.

A broken, rusted rain gutter Clangs back and forth against the house in the wind.

INT. MYERS HOUSE -- NIGHT

The front door slowly opens. Brackett and Loomis stand in the doorway. They glance at each other.

Brackett draws his gun and the two men step inside. It is totally dark in the house. Brackett's flashlight comes on, illuminating the two men.

As they move through the house Camera Tracks with them. Suddenly Brackett stops. He trains his flashlight on a small object in the corner of the room, "What is it?" Loomis asks

For a moment Brackett doesn't speak. Then he steps closer to the object, "A dog..." Brackett finally calls out, Both men look down off screen at the animal. Brackett bends down to it, "Still warm."

He stands back up and looks at Loomis, "He got hungry." Loomis says

Brackett gets a disgusted expression and steps away, "Come on... A skunk could have killed it..." Brackett says