1-21: The Return

Back at the hospital Cara hears a patient bell ring and she goes to check on it. She enters the room, walks to the bed and places her hand on the patient.

The patient reaches up and pulls her on top of him, only for it to be Budd. She screams and he laughs.

Budd: Ow my hand. You could have broken it.

Cara: I wish I had. I also could have used these on you (pulls out scissors). What an asshole.

Budd: Happy Halloween.

Cara: Budd, you are the biggest jerk I've ever met.

Budd: But you love me.

Cara: Yea, and I'm an idiot.

Budd: Let's go down to the third room. This finger needs a little bit of therapy.

Cara: I can't leave the kids right now.

Budd: Why is everybody all worded out tonight. All this Michael Myers crap. I just- I just want-

They kiss.

Budd: Therapy rooms three doors down.

Cara: I suppose if we left the door open we could hear if someone was coming or if the kids started to cry. I got to check it out first.

Budd: Fifteen minutes?

Cara: If everything's O.K..

Budd: You're wasting time.

Back in Laurie's room, Laurie is asleep and dreaming of when she was a child.

Laurie: Why don't you ever tell me anything?

Mother I told you. I'm NOT your mother.

A little boy, Myers, is looking out a window, Laurie is looking at him and he gives her this look

Laurie wakes up from her dream, we see a puddle of blood on the floor, and Laurie falls back to sleep. Back in the therapy room Budd and Cara are in the whirlpool.

Cara: Oh. It's hot.

They kiss. In the other room Michael turns the heat of the water all the way up.

Cara: Its hot in here.

A sign saying HYDROTHERAPY POOL WATER TEMPERATURE NOT TO EXCEED 100 DEGREES F.

Cara: I'm not kidding. It's too hot in here now, Budd. Why don't you go check.

Budd: It's cold out there.

Cara: It can get cold in here.

Budd: Gotcha.

Budd gets out of the water and exits to the temp room. Michael comes from behind him and strangles him.

In the other room Cara gets out of the water and puts a towel around her. Myers comes in the room. He puts his hand on her shoulder.