2-4: Deattth

EXT. CEMETERY - DAY LOW ANGLE - UP ON MARTIN

The crusty old Caretaker stares down in utter horror. His bloodshot, alcoholic eyes widen at what they see, "Oh, shit. Shit-SHIT!"
He shouts

He stands over Jason's dug-up grave, cursing at what has happened.

ANGLE ON MARTIN

Taking out a pint of Whiskey from his coat, he takes a strong slug and winces. With hangover equilibrium, he paces, nervous and afraid, "Oh-hh. Why me?...I know he's gonna blame me for this."

Martin looks around quickly. He decides to cover up the open grave. He starts throwing all the evidence into the hole, then, grabbing the shovel, begins filling it in.

Martin become more frightened, "Damn. Why Jason? Mothers could have their pick... (he gestures) ...of any of these other graves." Martin complained, Angle Down On Open Grave, Shovel-loads of dirt and mud slam down on the coffin. Hawes' foot is seen sticking out of the casket, "Shitheads couldn't even stick him back in right. Well, I ain't gonna touch the slimy sucker." Martin is beginning to sweat as he works faster, "He can't find out. He'll think I ain't doin' my job. I need that money...He won't find out... (looking around fearfully) ...No one's gonna know...I need my money."

CUT TO: INT. PICKUP - DAY

Tommy drives with incredible anxiety down the forest road. He glances up into the rear-view mirror.

Sheriff Garris and his deputy, Rick, are following close behind in their police car.

INT. SHERIFF'S CAR

Keeping a stern eye on Tommy, the sheriff shakes his head, "It's kinda frightening to think that a kid like that can go so far over the edge. Jason really screwed up the poor sonofabitch's mind." The Sheriff says

The Deputy Responds Amazed, "He really believes Jason's still alive, doesn't he?"

The Sheriff nods and sighs, "But that's no what worries me the most...It's how far he'll go to try and prove it."

EXT. FOREST ROAD - DAY

Tommy's pickup, with the sheriff's car right on his tail, roars down the road.

CUT TO: EXT. FOREST - DAY

Roy has still not been found. Hiding behind a tree, the little man with funny-shaped glasses watches for any unseen assassins.

WIDE ON SCENE In his ill-fighting fatigues, he dashes comically from behind one tree to another.

His foot catches in some vines and he takes a terrific pratfall. The paint-pellet gun flies from his hand and vanishes into the fallen leaves.

ANGLE ON ROY

He scrambles on his hands and knees to find his weapon. Panicking he'll be seen and shot, Roy starts to whimper as he searches.

Slowly we MOVE toward the vulnerable little man with his back to us.

CUT TO: BURNED-OUT AREA OF THE FOREST

A fire some time ago has blackened the trees and ground in this area. Katie, Stan and Larry walk along, looking for their missing players.

Holding up the other team's flag victoriously, Katie hollers out, "Come on, you guys! The game's over!!"

Stan responds disgruntled, "You don't know for sure. What about Roy? Nobody's seen him."

Katie responds to Stan cocky. "Of course not. If he hasn't already accidentally pelleted himself, I'm sure he's lost."