062

Elianna

After spending two more days with my family, I went back to my apartment to pack for the upcoming little trip. Over the F1 summer break, my apartment became only a place that kept my belongings safe, other than that it was completely abandoned as I was busy being somewhere else at all times. The flowers must surely be dead by now.

That very evening, I found myself getting on a plane to Nice, with only a handbag and a backpack since I'd be travelling for only two days so I didn't need to bring unnecessary extra luggage.

And when I arrived at the airport after two hours, my heart and mind was filled with excitement that I never thought I'd experience. To be quite fair, a quarter of a year ago I wouldn't expect to see myself so excited to see him. To see Lando. Lando Norris, the usual player boy, ego through the roof and a strong character that drove me mad.

Yet there I was, running to him right as I spotted him at the entrance to the airport area.

"Well, hello," he visibly eyed me up and down as I made my way to him, smirking at the choice of my outfit. Of course I looked like I just got out of bed again, who would expect something different? Not me for sure.

I smiled and pulled him into a hug immediately, the tempting feeling of rolling my eyes at him vanishing into thin air as I realised what was the exact reason for me being here right at this moment. "Thank you, thank you, thank you."

He wrapped his arms around my waist and chuckled, his face pressed into the side of my head, "Don't thank me yet, you're just in Nice."

Pulling myself away from him, I still couldn't grasp the feeling of the realisation that he bought me a ticket to Monaco just out of nowhere. For me, it meant a lot.

Technically he bought it partially because he told me he wanted someone to help him with searching for new things to his apartment, but also because he said I needed to go to a real Monaco party to fully celebrate my birthday. And when it comes to Monaco, there is no way I'm saying no.

Together we went to his car, unsurprisingly a freshly washed and polished McLaren, and sat down. The music played along the way as he drove the car, the two of us enjoying the scenery and relaxed vibes.

We reached his new house soon after, as he parked the car in the garage that was placed under the building, and we went up the stairs. The insides of the house were just as I expected; white walls, not much furniture placed and decorations pretty much lacking - except for the collection of helmets in boxes on the floor. Other than that, the place had a very calm atmosphere, the late evening sun shining its rays through the windows, making the place lit and bright.

"Put your bag here, I'll give you a tour," Lando instructed and put my backpack on one of the boxes. I did as he told me to and followed him around as he started his tour. It was quite a small place, but surely sufficient for someone who travels a lot and doesn't require much. There was a main entrance room, connecting to what looked like a living room based on a sofa already placed in there, a kitchen, a small room that was soon-to-be gym spot, a room that he said will be for his simulator and then two bedrooms, one - that was his - being the bigger one.

We stopped in his room and opened the window, leaning on the parapet and looking out at the view. The sun was at sundawn, the scenery beautiful as always. I turned to Lando, finding out he was already looking at me, and chuckled. "You have a very good taste in finding houses, let me tell you that."