Chapter 12: Call it what you want

Next day I woke up. I was having breakfast (in our house in London) with Zayn, when Niall entered.
—"So, so so! How was the date? Had fun?"—I choked.

"You alright Lily?"—Zayn asked.

"Yeah, of course"—I say between coughs—"I'm fine thank you guys".—And quickly left the room.

Not suspicious at all, great Lily.

ZAYN
"Yeah, of course"—Lily says between coughs—"I'm fine thank you guys".—And quickly leaves the room.

Niall looks at me—"What did just happened?"

"No idea man"

Just after, Harry entered. He seems happier than yesterday, that's good. I'm really worried about him lately, he's been acting weird...

"Hey Niall"—Turns to me—"Zayn. What up boys?"

"Same as usual"—I find his happiness really strange so I ask—"How Gems?"

"What?"

"Weren't you visiting her last night?"

"Oh that, yeah."—He looks away—"She's fine. Excited for our tour".

"That's good."—I fake a smile at his obvious lie. I gave Niall a 'let's find out what he knows that we don't' look. —"Oh, something else. Do you know when did Lily come back from her date? We came late so we don't know."

He looked to the sides and said—"I don't know bro, don't know sorry. Gonna go for a walk now, see ya later."

And then he left the room too.

I look at Niall—"What the..."

"I know, those 2 hide something".

"I'm sure something else we're missing out happened yesterday."

LILY
Wow, almost. The boys might know... do I talk to Harry? We're not a couple but we need to talk and see what we do say to the boys when they find out what really happened.

I'll just go for a run.
But of course, I have to step into someone.

"Sorry, I wasn't looki-."—I look up surprised.

"Don't worry blondie"—Harry says with that smirk on his face.

"You again."—I say as a joke.

"Yes, I guess so.. haha."—He smiles. Lily, breath. Why is he so cute?—"Can we talk tonight? I'll invite you, we'll have dinner out."

"It's okay for me, but they boys..."

"I don't care about them. We'll think of something to say. I need to talk to you and solve things out. It's 8 good for you?"

"Sure. See you then".

Someone tell Harry Styles to specify what a date is because i don't know what to do.
I guess get ready for another one? Oh god.

(...)
This time I wouldn't be asking for advise, or they would find it out.
As an excuse I said I will be going to sleep early, as I 'came' late the previous night.
Harry said he would go back home to pick some stuff he forgot there that needed for the tour.

Let's pray it works.

Got ready really quickly and escaped through the bathroom's window.
—"You ready?"—He gives me his hand.—"Sure, let's go."

Harry had booked at a very nice restaurant. I was scared of being caught but for my surprise, the place was empty. No one else was there.
Harry had booked the whole restaurant for the two of us.

"Wow Harry, this is incredible, thank you."
"You don't have to. We need this and I won't let anyone ruin it. I want you to feel save. Follow me"—I took his hand and dragged me to a very nice table, full of candles around. The place looked incredible.

An hour later we had already eaten. We both had pasta, and it was delicious. He was surprised when I told him I didn't like cheese.
"How's that possible? You don't eat pizza then?"
"If it's in a pizza, I can eat it, but not the piece of cheese. It's disgusting."
"You're so weird."
"I know. I'm not very keen of French fries either..."
"WHAT? You kidding?"
"Or tomato in every form..."
"Stop it please"-Fake cries
"Sushi..."
"Lily, oh god".—We both burst out laughing.
"Sorry, I just don't like it. You can have my French fries when we go to McDonalds, if you want."
"It's okay for me, haha."

It was a nice dinner, but we both were trying to avoid the same topic. We knew we had to talk about it, but we just enjoyed the moment.

"Harry, we.."
"Need to talk, I know. I just was trying to avoid it. But we can't anymore Lils, I..."
"Don't say anything yet. We both know we had feelings for each other, but what do you want from me? That's my question."
"I want you to be my girlfriend. You...?"
"I don't know, Hazz, I'm not sure."
"Oh."
"No, no no! I do wanna date you Harry, but I don't think I'm ready. Before you, I had never had my first kiss. I've never been in a relationship before and I'm scared of going too fast and ruining everything. Not just between me and you, the whole band gets involved, you know that. What if we start something and then break up? It's not fair for the boys or our careers."
"But is it fair for us to not be with the person we love? Lily, I see your point, and I'm scared of that too, but we can't always hide."
"I guess you're right. However, I'm still not sure of being able to date somebody."
"If you don't feel ready that's okay. But I'd bet on you, on us. I think we could pull off anything".
"Oh Harry..."—Our hands get together on the top of the table.—"Do you want to do it?"
"Yes".
"Then let's risk it, let's do it".
"Oh yes!".

He stands up and pulls me up from my hand.
"John, play it know"—He screams to the kitchen.

Then, the lights turn off so only the candles light us up. We can't see much but his shiny green eyes don't stop looking that me. He takes both of my hands and places them on his shoulders, while his go down to my waist.
Just the way you're starts playing.

"No way Harry... not this song."
"Oh come on! I thought you like it! It was your audition."
"I love this song. It gives me such great memories. I wouldn't have met you if it wasn't for this song."
"That's why I'm playing it."

We dance really close the begging of the song. Then, we move at the rhythm of the song. We laugh a lot. It was incredible.
An then it goes the last lyric. He's looking at my lips holding me close. He sings for me:

"And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while, cause your amazing, just the way you are."—He leans in and kisses me.

The waiters and cookers clap and we laugh nervously.
"I think we might go."
"Not before this."—He looks for a little box on his pocket.—"Lily Jones, would you be my girlfriend?"

Oh shit.

"Harry, but Simon..."
"We'll tell the boys tomorrow and look for a solution, now tell me, would you?"
"Of course I would, Hazz."—He opens the box and takes out a beautiful 'H' necklace. I love it
(Not because he owns me, because he really knows me ;)

I tell him to put it on me. I turn around and hold my hair as he does it.
"Thank you, I love you."

He was kinda shocked. Did I do bad at saying it that soon? I don't know, but then he smiled and I kissed him.

We went back home and entered quietly.
But it didn't go as planned.