74. My Wife!

Chaitra 

After taking blessings from everyone it was time for vidai. Bhabi held a plate full of rice grains in front of me while my mother, Maami, and Atha stood behind me holding their pallu in the front. I threw the grains behind and they caught them in their pallus. Once the ritual was done I hugged my parents and others before getting into the car along with Daksh. My brothers gave a gentle push to the car and Abhi started the engine as we drove to the airport. All of them followed behind.

"Bhabi ma, why aren't you crying?" Abhi asked me with a frown etched on his face.

"Why the hell do you want my wife to cry?" Daksh hissed, irritatedly as he pulled my head onto his chest before placing a gentle kiss on my hair. I kissed his chest and wrapped my hands around his torso snuggling into his warmth.

"Because we are going to my home, Abhi. We have another wedding to take place, remember?" I quirked a brow at him and he nodded smiling. 

Daksh held my hand in his and placed a gentle kiss on the back of my palm as he laced our fingers together.

"My wife! Mine," he exclaimed happily with a tint of pride in his voice and a bright smile on his lips as he gently kissed my temple. I felt the warmth creep onto my cheeks while butterflies fluttered in my stomach.

"Yes, my dear husband. Only yours," I agreed with a smile and soon a yawn left my lips making Daksh chuckle. 

"Rest for a while, Jaan. We will reach in a while," he caressed my hair and I fell into a slumber listening to his heartbeats.

The next time I opened my eyes I was mid-air with Daksh's hands around me as he carried me bridal style.

"Aksh, what are you doing?" I squealed as I wrapped my hands around his neck snuggling into his neck.

"I am carrying my tired wife to our jet, is there a problem?" He shrugged as he walked further. I can see everyone looking at us. A few with amusement, a few glances filled with love and admiration while a very few of them, or most precisely two filled with jealousy. Yes, my shitty cousin and her mother. If it was not for our uncle, my brothers and I were completely against inviting them to the wedding.

"Everyone is looking at us. Put me down. I will walk," I whispered lowly.

"Let them. Why would you tire your already tired body when your husband is completely capable of carrying you? " His question made butterflies erupt in my tummy and with that, I completely relaxed onto my husband who carried me into the jet with ease.

"Let's get changed into something more comfortable," He carried me to the bedroom inside the jet and put me down when we were near the bed. He discarded the heels and placed my feet on his folded thigh before pecking my toe rings. I tried to pull back but his grip was firm.

"Daksh, what are you doing?" I questioned, my voice heavy with all the sensations running through my body. It felt wrong but so right at the same time. 

"Kissing the feet that bring prosperity and happiness into my life and my family," His reply was strong and full of confidence. He then kissed my anklets and lifted his head to look up at me.

"Utaar du ya phir rehne du?" He asked, playing with the bells of my anklets producing a sweet melody in the otherwise silent environment.

(Should I take them off or let them be?)

"Rehne dijiye," I replied meekly to which he nodded again and kissed my feet in the middle for one last time before making me wear my slippers.
(Let them be,)

"Let me help you with your hair pins and other accessories too. Then you can take a shower," he gently took the veil off my head and kissed my hair before skillfully removing the pins holding the gajra followed by the bun. He removed them with utmost care and gentleness.