81. Changes in the room

Chaitra

"You go ahead. I will come after making some calls regarding tomorrow's arrangements," Daksh said once he put me down at the door of his chambers. I nodded at him with a smile and he walked away after kissing my forehead.

I opened the door and the sight made me freeze in my place. I was so engrossed in missing my family that tonight being our first night completely slipped from my mind. But we aren't supposed to consummate our marriage until we complete the Sathyanarayan puja which is going to take place tomorrow. Then why is the room decorated like this?

I stepped in with a pondering chest. I felt the nervousness and anticipation run through my veins as I took another step ahead. I looked down and saw the rose petals making a path to the bed. I removed my footwear wanting to feel the softness of the petals. The pink soft petals with white jasmine flowers looked enchanting. 

The white window curtains waved due to the air making the petals on the tables fly and they hit my face making me giggle. I looked around to find various scented candles lying on the tables with flowers adorned at their base. The bed was neatly decorated with flower petals and the golden curtains were tied to the poles of the bedpost. A pile of pillows was arranged neatly on the hoverboard.

I moved my steps to the closet and found its size doubled with additional cupboards added to it. A staircase led to the upper compartment which was not present when I visited previously. I moved up and found the floor entirely filled with different types of clothing ranging from sarees, churidars, skirts, jeans, and frocks along with matching handbags and other accessories. I turned to the other side to find suits, and kurtas matching the colors of my dresses. I smiled shyly and walked down which was completely filled with footwear, his watches, cufflinks, ties, and goggles along with our nightwear with a few other dresses for both of us.

I slid open the bathroom door and found all my things already arranged beside his along with a bathing gown of my size beside his. When did he do all this? I questioned myself and then my eyes fell on the bathtub filled with water and rose petals flowing on the water. There are a few lit candles there too. 

My cheeks turned pink thinking about him. Was it his way of saying that he wanted to take the next step? I love him, of course, I do. But am I ready for this on the first day of our marriage?

Stop overthinking, Chaithu. He is your Aksh. He will never do such things which cause you discomfort. 

But what if he feels hurt by it? He has already waited long and fought with everyone for the sake of my comfort. Then why am I hesitating about it? 

The sound of the door being opened broke my thoughts and I quickly walked back into the bedroom. He locked the door and turned to me with a smile. I returned it. I hope I did.

"Why didn't you change yet?" He asked amused. 

"I was just looking around," I muttered walking to him. I am not sure of our consummation yet, I want to find assurance in his embrace. How strange it is!

"So, did my wife like the changes her husband made for her?" He asked wrapping his hands around my waist as I placed my head on his chest.

"When did you shop all those for me?" I asked looking up at him from his chest. 

"Um... I started shopping for you from the day I sent a proposal to your family," He confessed not making eye contact while his neck and ears turned pink.

He blushed!

"You are so cute," I kissed his cheek getting onto my tip toes and holding his shoulder for support. 

"Did you like them?" He asked hesitantly. Oh, my cutiepie husband!

"I love you, Aksh. So, I will obviously like your choice," I assured him with another kiss on his cheek and he smiled nodding.