2.Caught

Chaitra

I woke up in the morning with the irritating sound of my alarm. But today I can't afford to sleep more. I have many tasks in my hands. I have to make sure the arrangements for annual day are going on as planned. At first we decided to organize only cultural events and made a plan of action. But suddenly our Hitler i.e., our dear principal(note the sarcasm) wants to have technical events and sports. He informed about it yesterday. It's Tuesday today and we merely have 4 days to organize all the competitions and to finalize the winners. I just hope he doesn't drop another bomb in the last minute. 

With that thoughts I got ready and wore a  kurthi so that I can concentrate on my work and feel at ease.

I took my keys and went to college. When  I reached college I saw no one in our team is there. I sent a quick message in the group and went to the canteen. I ordered a sandwich. By the time I completed my sandwich most of the event organizing team members came to me. We went to the auditorium to plan the events.

"So guys according to our principal sir our annual day should depict all the factors of our college. So he wants us to organize technical events and sports along with cultural." I gave them the fresh shocking information.

"Has this hitler gone mad? How can we complete all this in 4 days?"seema expressed her dissatisfaction and anger.

All nodded in agreement.

"I know it's hard but let's try to divide the work and complete it fast. We don't have any option either." I tried to convince them.

"Whatever! let's get over with it." Karthik answered with the least interest in his voice.

"So let's split the works into parts and divide the members into teams. So we are organizing three different set of programs. Technical, cultural and sports.

In technical we are organizing debate, Idea presentation, paper presentation, Report analysis, Quiz, Essay writing and coding contest. Abhishek will be the leader of this team Riya, Mayank along with few juniors will help him. It's your duty to select and finalize everything starting from themes or topics to judges and winners list.

In sports we are going to organize a cricket tournament, throwball, volleyball, Basketball, chess, table-tennis and Kabaddi. Karthik will lead this team and Rakshit, Mithun and few other juniors will help him. You have get the sports equipment, referee and finalize the winners by Thursday evening.

And coming to cultural we are having dance, singing, fashion show, role-play, vegetable carving, makeover and tressure hunt. I will handle this part along with seema, Joshika and few juniors.

I will also make sure about the decorations and the prizes for the winners. Abhishek will look after the sound system and lighting and Seema and Mayank will make sure about the performances on that day. Are you all okay with the plan or anyone wants to swap your positions?" I waited for their reply.