70. Mehendi & Sangeet

Happy Ugadi readers! I remember wishing you all a happy Ugadi in the third chapter of this book and today I am again wishing you all a happy Ugadi in the 70th chapter. From 1000 views to 1 million views we have come a long way and I thank each and every one of you for making this achievement possible for me. 

I wish you all to have a great year filled with all the happiness and success this coming year.  

Please support my other too if you can and it would mean a lot to me. 

Enjoy reading and see you soon with the next update!

Chaitra

Today is Mehandi along with Sangeet and everyone practiced a lot for the Sangeet. However I don't know many performances as they allowed me only to the dance practices I am part of, I am very much excited to see what everyone has planned for us. I quickly woke up my brothers, pushed them out of my room, and got ready for the Mehendi ceremony. 

I wore a green lehenga with a sleeveless blouse and its dupatta tucked with a waistband so that it wouldn't cause any disturbance. The lehenga had a white floral design and the blouse had complete floral work. I made my hair into curls and completed my look with big earrings. I didn't wear any other jewels for my comfort. 

I was adjusting my pallu when I felt someone closing my eyes from behind. I knew who it was.

"You three should have come after the wedding," I pulled her hands off me and turned away from them.

"Sorry yaar, Chaithu. We wanted to come but those tickets," Karthik trailed off not knowing what to say. Three of them went on a trip but couldn't get the return tickets on time because of which they were late.

"No, why are you three sorry? You should go on another trip actually. Should I book the tickets this time?" I asked in an angry tone. I attended these idiot's cousins' weddings but they are late for my own wedding.

"Sorry na, devil. Please forgive your sweet Mayank held his ears giving me his puppy eyes.

"Sorry Chaithu," Seema too held her ears pouting cutely. 

"I will not talk to you if you leave until both weddings are complete," I warned.

"We are not going anywhere until you kick us out yourself," We all shared a laugh and a hug. We talked for a while before they left to get ready leaving me to get ready myself.

As I placed bindi between my brows, Bhabi and Vadina walked in with a smile adorning their faces. Viv too followed them holding a chrysanthemum in his hands. 

"You are looking gorgeous, Chaithu," Bhabi took a pinch of kohl from her eyes and placed a dot behind my ear. Vadina too rounded her hands around my head and touched her knuckles to her temples, a gesture of warding off evil eyes.

"Bui," Viv forwarded the flower in his hands with a cute shy smile on his lips. I took the flower from his hands and kissed both his palms followed by his cheeks making him giggle. I tucked the flower in my hair with a safety pin and Viv clapped giggling.

"Let's go? Everyone must be waiting for you," Bhabi asked and we all walked out with Viv in my hands while Bhabi and Vadina walked on either side of me. We soon reached the venue, which was one of the gardens in the palace, they made me sit on the couch with multi-colored cushions placed on either side of it. A long multi-colored cloth with different patterns was tugged into the sides as a cover. 

There were different decorations made for photography purposes and an oval-shaped swing in the middle with my and Daksh's names hanging on the top of it decorated with marigold garlands hanging on either side. The decor was subtle but consisted of a blend of Royalty with grand chairs arranged for guests, the flowers hanging from every tree, and the long silk curtains adding beauty to every entrance.