Chapter 12 - A Little Fight Won't Hurt

Chapter 12 – A Little Fight Won’t Hurt

[Gaara’s POV]

Confusion was obvious in her eyes. “Why?”

“Just to know who’s stronger,” that was one of the reasons. I wanted to know which of us were stronger because I wanted to be the one to be able to protect her, not the other way around. Even though she was tough, I knew that it was just an exterior. I knew for myself that she was fragile. She was someone that was needed to be protected. I didn’t want to be a burden to her in the near future. I wouldn’t tell her about my opinion. Protecting her was more important than any of this.

I knew that when I looked at her, it was something I couldn’t lay a finger on. I realized that when I looked at her, it was the same look that my sister’s giving the shadow guy from Konoha. I wouldn’t know what kind of feeling this was. I wouldn’t be able to tell but I was willing to try to be able to tell. I wasn’t the same emotionless guy that lived before. I wasn’t the scarred guy who was built with a Shukaku to ruin him on the inside.

Even though I wanted to know Rin’s feelings, it wasn’t possible. She was hidden from me. Everything that has something to do with her was hidden from me. Her face, her family name, her background, all of it was hidden from me.

How would I protect her if I didn’t even know something about her other than her name and her ability? She was hidden from me while I was exposed for her. She knew of my sleeping habits and she managed to cure it that not anyone has done for me, even myself.

“Where do you want to fight me?” she suddenly asked.

I knew asking her to fight me was a huge step to know more about her. I would be doing this without any regrets.

I was sure of that.

[Rin’s POV]

Gaara and I went outside the building. Nobody was watching us, which I preferred because I wouldn’t want anyone to witness me and the Kazekage fighting without a reason. They might get the wrong idea about this.

I didn’t know why Gaara asked for me to fight him. Maybe he was testing a new skill or jutsu that might become handy in battle.

“You could use any jutsu you want,” he stated in front of me. We were now in position, “Even the compression jutsu you were really good at,”

“You asked for it,” I said and started the compression jutsu. I decided to use it to him but remove it immediately afterwards. I didn’t want him to be in pai.

I expected him to scream in pain but nothing happened. He was still looking at me like I didn’t perform it.

“H-How?” I asked him. “How is it possible?”

“I can’t tell you,”

Was this another one of Gaara’s research too?

With that, I decided to stick to my taijutsu. I vanished in thin air and appeared behind him. I threw a punch but his sand shield quickly deflected it. I then kicked him and continued until the sand has worn out, but unluckily everything around me was sand, he had the advantage. We were in his homeland after all.

“This is impossible,” I muttered once again. “Did you ask some people to research about me? Even so…no one knew about my ability. I don’t even know about this possibility….” I was rendered speechless after that.

“I researched about it myself,” he explained. “You’re right, no one knew of how to stop your ability for you are the first to have it. I studied your jutsus, all the jutsus and how to stop them,”

“This would help you, you know,” I said once I gave a thought about it. “I copy jutsus, if you could stop mine, no one would get pass through you. How long have you been researching about this?”

“Ever since you came,” he answered rather quickly than I expected. “I never knew that meeting you would make me stronger,”

I wasn’t the one who’s supposed to fight Naruto now if Gaara managed to beat me. It was such a mystery to me on how he figured this out. I never thought that anyone would be able to block my attacks. I was the strongest ninja that ever existed for now since I’m still waiting for Naruto to grow up and get stronger.

Since I was in sand, I couldn’t use my earth wolves. With an idea that came into me, I touched the ground and summoned something for the first time, “Sand wolves,” it was successful, of course. The wolves held the same amount of chakra like my earth wolves from before that I used for the mission involving the demon that brainwashed some good-looking ninjas to lure girls and eat them alive.

The three sand wolves could pretty much do the same. I gave them some chakra and they could get their prey’s chakra so I wouldn’t have to waste giving some into them anymore and they could use it next time when I summon them again. This time, I wouldn’t go far to killing Gaara. This was just practice, to see how well he could block my attacks. 

The wolves circled Gaara while he was eyeing and studying them very carefully. But before the wolves could attack the Kazekage, I stopped them on their tracks. I knew that Gaara sensed it too. Someone was watching us.

I immediately drew out a kunai and threw it at the direction. I didn’t need to make sure that I hit the target considering that a rogue ninja fell limp on the ground. Explosions were heard around us, the villagers were screaming and now running for their lives.

How did someone manage to plan an attack? Suna was guarded with hundreds of skilled shinobis. “Let’s go,” Gaara said and I gave him a nod. It was his job to protect Suna and I was sure that he would give it all his best for his hometown to remain safe.

“Do you have any idea why did they attack?” i asked him while we were running at the direction of the explosions. We spotted Temari killing a rogue and Kankuro in another place killing another one. There were rogues everywhere. As I ran, I blew up rogues with different jutsus, I didn’t miss a shot.

“I presume that they were misinformed that I don’t have the Shukaku inside me anymore,” we went to the gates, where the rogues were coming from. There weren’t any other ways to get inside Suna other than the gate. The ninja guards were lying on the ground, lifeless.

“Nice for you to join the fun, Kazekage,” a rogue who was just watching the death scene said. He didn’t have a headband to show what village he came from. He was a middle-aged man, probably around his thirties with sandy blonde hair and round eyes. He was a big man wearing a ninja vest.

“I don’t have the Shukaku anymore,” Gaara said emotionlessly.

“We don’t need the Shukaku,” he chuckled then turned his attention to me. “We need your sister, Temari and your new friend over there.”