Chapter 14 - A Strong Kunoichi Can't Die

Chapter 14 – A Strong Kunoichi Can’t Die

[Gaara’s POV]

The sudden puff of smoke interrupted me from doing my paper works. There I saw Temari and Rin. They were gone for two days and I didn’t know what to do about it.

Right after they transported here, I looked at Rin and saw that there was something wrong with her. She fell unconscious on the ground. Temari was about to cry when she saw her, she immediately ran outside without muttering a word to me.

I instantly went to Rin’s side and saw a wound on her chest. It was rather deep…but the blood that was pouring out of it has a lighter shade in color.

It couldn’t be.

She couldn’t be poisoned.

“Temari!” I yelled for help but I knew that she already called for our best medics.

Rin couldn’t die.

“What’s happ—Oh, Kami…“ Kankuro arrived with a shocked expression on his face. “Temari!” he also yelled.

I placed Rin’s head on my lap as I waited for the medics to come. She just couldn’t die. Now that she obviously meant something to me, I wouldn’t let her. I didn’t realize how deeper this unfamiliar feelings that I have for her until she was taken away from me. I sent some shinobis to come get her and Temari, but now that they’re here, I didn’t need them to do that anymore.

But I didn’t want Rin coming here like this.

I wanted her fine.

“Please don’t die,” I whispered. “I can’t lose you. Just please,”

The medics came a minute after with Kankuro and a crying Temari. A medic asked me to get away from her, and it pained me to get it done, but I somehow managed. A few medics started treating her on the same spot while I stood beside Temari and Kankuro.

“That was the rogue’s wound,” Temari sobbed. “She shifted it to her because she thought that if that rogued died, Suna would blow up,”

“W-What happened to the rogue?” Kankuro stuttered.

“She killed him,” Temari explained. “After she learned that we were just tricked and that he didn’t put a jutsu that could bind him to Suna. It was impossible, he said so himself,”

“She did this for Suna?” Kankuro asked with his eyes all wide and Temari nodded in response.

“This is impossible, Kazekage-sama,” a medic said. “The poison already went to her organs. Her condition is critical. She might not get it,”

“Do everything that you can!” I yelled. “She can’t die,”

“B-But we are do—“

“Don’t tell me that it’s impossible! Just do it!” I knew that the medic was scared by my sudden outburst. I was a calm and collected Kazekage, it was the first time they saw me troubled over something.

“B-But Kazekag—“

“Kankuro,” I called to my brother. “Get me some scrolls,”

Kankuro disappeared for a minute then came back again with three scrolls in his hand. He handed one to Temari then to me. I ignored the medics as I walked towards them and carried Rin very gently. I placed the scroll on the ground and bit my thumb. After blood poured out from it, I slammed it on the symbol of the scroll at the same time my siblings did.

“W-What?” the Hokage was surprised when she found us in her office right after. When she saw Rin in my arms, she didn’t ask any questions. “Follow me,” she said and walked out of the room while we tailed behind her. We went to the medical part of the building and I gently placed her on a bed. Temari explained to the Hokage what happened and she listened very carefully. “Poisoned kunai?” the Hokage asked and Temari nodded. “You need to get out of here, this might take a while. She might not survive at all,”

“How many percent is the chance that she’ll survive?” I asked.

“There's a whole ninety-five percent that she wouldn't survive,” she sighed. “But I’ll do my best,”

“I’ll count on you,” I told her. “If you heal her, I’ll forever be in your debt, Hokage,”

“As I said, I’ll do my best, but I don’t promise anything,” she replied. “Now please get out of here,”

“She’s still in critical condition,” the Hokage said once he stepped outside the room. “She might not make it. We need to wait a few days for the confirmation,”

“Come on, Gaara,” my sister stood up but I knew that she was disappointed with the news. The Hokage was the highest trained medical ninja of today, if she couldn’t heal Rin, nobody would be able to. “We need to go back, Suna needs their Kazekage,”

Kakashi Hatake was walking the hallway when he saw us. “What’s the commotion all about?”

“Rin is poisoned,” the Hokage answered. “Can you give them some of our scrolls, Kakashi?”

“As you wish, Hokage-sama,” Kakashi bowed then disappeared in thin air then reappeared with the scrolls again. He handed it to us and we used it to transport back to Konoha.

The office was the same, but Matsuri was sitting on the couch. Matsuri was my student for a little while. Even though I acted like it, I wasn’t that dense to not see her feelings for me. I didn’t want to break a little girl’s heart so I didn’t do anything about it.

“What are you doing here, Matsuri?” I asked as I strolled over to the office chair. The pile of paper works was stressing me out. I couldn’t get my mind off of Rin.

What if she didn’t survive?

That wouldn’t happen. She’s a strong kunoichi. A poison wouldn’t be able to kill someone like her.

“I need to tell you something, Kazekage-sama,” she said. “I already called Rin’s villagers and they’re on their way here,”

“What do you know about her?”

“She’s Rin Mizuka, an S-ranked criminal from the Hidden Mist Village,” she stated. “The villagers will be here to execute her. She’s a huge threat to Suna,”