Chapter 18 - Middle World

Chapter 18 – Middle World

[Gaara’s POV]

“Sayonara,” that was the last word that escaped her mouth before she told me what she felt about me. I was confused of what she said, but flattered at the same time.

‘I love you’

There was one question that lingered inside my mind after she said those three words.

‘Why?’

“R-Rin,” my voice trailed off as I carried her limp body.

“The scrolls, Temari!” Kankuro ordered at our sister. “We need to give her full medical attention quickly!”

Kankuro was doing all the work since I was stunned and paralyzed. Temari placed the scroll on the ground and called for my attention, “Gaara, the scroll can only transport two person, you need to use it,”

“I-I can’t,” I told her.

“You can, Gaara,” Temari assured me. “You need to do this if you want her to survive,”

Realization hit me when I realized that there was only a slight chance for Rin to be alive. I used the scroll to transport to Suna’s hospital building. “Code red!” I yelled at the medical ninjas.

“Kazekage-sama?” a medical ninja came to my concert. “Please follow me,” she ran to the direction of a room as I followed her footsteps, leaving Rin’s blood on the floor.

I placed her on the bed and quickly turned around to look at the medical ninja, “Do everything that you can to revive her. I’ll go to Konohagakure to get the Hokage,”

“As you wish, Kazekage-sama,” she bowed.

I travelled without stopping, using a scroll that could transport me into a far distance again. I was out of scrolls but I knew that I could just borrow some from Konoha. I immediately ran to the Hokage’s building after the scroll transported me into the woods near their village.

The ninjas didn’t question my presence for they already knew who I was. My village was an ally of theirs too. I knew they were wondering of why I was such in a hurry and why there were no ninjas guarding me.

I didn’t knock on the main office’s door as I busted it open. “Hokage,” I bowed immediately as she noticed that I was running out of breath. My chakra was already drained from running so I didn’t have a choice but to use my own power to get here quickly.

“Kazekage,” she stood up in front me. “What are you doing here?”

“I need your help,”

“Is it about Rin?” she asked and I nodded. “What about her?”

I told her the story of what happened in a shortened version. She was shocked to hear that she was a Mizuka, but believed her when I told her that she didn’t kill her clan. I told her about Rin’s unstable situation now.

I came to Tsunade because she was the greatest medical ninja brought to life. I needed all the help that I could get from her, especially when Rin was put on the line.

I was outside the room of where Tsunade was doing her best to revive Rin. “Judging from the looks of it, she’s not going to survive,” Kakashi said from beside me. He decided to tag along with us because he was very fond of Rin. I didn’t know why he cared for her so much, but he just cared.

“Don’t say that,” I whispered. “She’s going to survive, I know she is,”

“If you came to get her sooner, this wouldn’t have happened,”

“I know,” I agreed. “I’m taking the blame for this,” Tsunade went out of the room with a sad look on her face. “No…” I looked at her, shocked. “It can’t be…”

“I already did everything that I can, but her breathing stopped,”

“I was right after all,” Kakashi sighed as he walked away from the Hokage and I.

“She can’t be…” I trailed off, hoping that Tsunade would not differ.

“She’s dead, Kazekage,”

Dead.

As she said that, a part of me also died.

[Rin’s POV]

“Mother? Is that you?” I asked the familiar figure that was standing in front of me. It was soon joined with another figure. “Father?”

“Rin,” they both said as there were smiles on their faces.

Everything around me was white, there was no background. The image of my parents were glowing and so was I.

“Am I dead?” I asked them.

“Not yet,” my mother’s smile turned into a frown. “We’re sorry for putting you in so much hardship, Rin. You turned into a nomad ever since that white snake, Orochimaru, killed us,”

“If we could have been stronger, this wouldn’t have happened,” my father added. “We didn’t want to leave you defending yourself all alone,”

“It’s fine,” I assured them. “We’re going to be together now and that’s all that matters,”

“Do you want to be with us?” my mother asked.

I frowned at her, wanting to know why she was asking such question. “Of course I want to be with you,”

“You made some new friends,” my father told me. “And a special friend, that redhead kid,”

“Gaara?” I spoke.

“We were watching over you,” my mother placed a hand on my shoulder. “You and Gaara have a special connection. Do you want to leave him alone?”

An image behind my parents appeared. It was Gaara, talking to Tsunade. Tsunade told him that I was dead and Gaara’s face darkened. Gaara’s body started to shake, and then I saw a tear slip out of his eyes.

A tear?

“He loves you,” my father inquired. “And you feel the same way,”

“So, Rin,” my mother smiled at me. “It’s your choice whether you want to be with us or not,”

“Bu—“ I tried to reason out but my father beat me to it.

“Remember that we will always be proud of you no matter what,”