Chapter 10 - I Can Handle This

Chapter 10 – I Can Handle This

[Rin’s POV]

I glared daggers at the Kazekage because of what he said but glared harder at the Feudal Lord’s son. He wasn’t in the place to order me to kiss the Kazekage. Kissing is an intimate action done by two people whose feelings were mutual. I wouldn’t be able to kiss Gaara because of that. And another reason was they would be able to see my face since I would need to remove my mask if I agreed. And I wasn’t willing to take any chances. They might be familiar with my face. I was an S-rank criminal after all.

“We’re not together,” I told Sei blankly. I now moved my gaze to the Kazekage, “I can take care of myself,” I turned to look at Temari and Kankuro and saw them with such huge grins plastered on their faces.

I think I heard Temari whispered to Kankuro, saying, “This is going to get better and better,” I didn’t know what they were talking about now but I was not in the mood to stick around and find out.

 I turned around to face Sei, even though with only one eye visible, I knew that it was troublesome for someone to look at it when I started to glare, “And no one can make me do the things that I don’t want to do. If you tried to pursue what you want, I can just kill you and turn rogue. I have no doubts to that,”

“I-I’m okay with the make-up guy touring me,” Sei said. Temari and Kankuro’s faces fell down, the grin disappearing. “I don’t need you anyway,” he said to me. “You need me, for my money and title,”

“I don’t need anyone,” I explained. “You could go eat your money and title. I don’t care about any of that. And Kazekage, I believe that my work here is done. See you around,” I spotted Kakashi sitting on the ground right after I transported to the battle grounds of Konoha. He was staring at the sky and was obviously thinking of something,

“Welcome back,” he said without even looking at me. I sat beside him and peeked at the scenery. Birds were flying effortlessly as the clouds passed by.

“Thinking of something?” I asked him.

“I was thinking about you in particular,” he then landed his eyes on me as I did to him.

“What?” I raised an eyebrow, confused. Why was he thinking of me?

“I was thinking of how you look like her,”

His explanation caused me so much more confusion, “Her?”

“Rin,” he said then repeated, “Her name’s Rin,”

“My name is Rin?” nobody brought this much confusion to my life. He was talking about a girl named Rin and said that I looked like her.

“That’s what I’m thinking about,” he said. “I’m thinking about how it was possible for someone to have the same name and the same looks. Even if I can’t see your face because of your mask and even with your hair longer, I know that you look alike. You just reminded me so much of her,”

“What happened to her?” I tried to search his mind for what really happened to the Rin he was talking about, but found nothing. He was blocking me…and he knew that I was trying to search his mind about this girl.

“She died,” that simple words were enough to make me curious.

“Can I?” I asked and he nodded. Without further ado, I made my way inside his mind and saw his childhood friend named Rin, I agree that she looked so much like me. But how did he know? My face was covered. I guessed it was my eyes that gave away. The Rin in Kakashi’s memory had the same color as I am now, but of course, this was not my real eye color. I stumbled upon his memory of how he got his sharingan then I decided not to travel any further than that so I went back to reality.

 “Don’t worry,” he chuckled. “I know something about you that no one else knows about. Let’s just say that I’ve got some alias of my own,”

“What are you talking about?” I asked him.

“You’re Rin Mizuka, an S-Rank criminal from the Hidden Mist Village who was accused of killing her own clan,”