one

"This is perfect!" Camila exclaimed, holding the heavy box tight against her chest and hurrying up the front sidewalk. "It is even prettier in person, Lo!"

Meanwhile, Lauren struggled to keep her grip on the boxes in her arms, craning her neck to see overtop of them. Her graduation robe hung down behind her and she managed to get her foot caught, nearly sending her flying forwards. Once she regained her balance, the green eyed girl set the boxes down and brushed her hands off on her jeans.

"Remind me again why we decided to move on graduation day?" she asked, flinging her black cap off of her head and letting it land on the front yard. Camila simply laughed and shrugged, tilting her head to the side slightly.

"Did you really want to be there for Dinah and Normani's graduation party?" the small girl raised an eyebrow, laughing when a look of realization spread across her girlfriend's face.

"Right," Lauren nodded, crinkling her nose at the smaller girl before taking a step back to study the small house. "God, this place looks even worse than it did on the website," Lauren grimaced.

"Hush," Camila shook her head. "It is perfect," she said, just as she made her way up the wooden steps to the front door. The small girl gasped when one of the slabs cracked under her feet, and she quickly hopped to the side to avoid falling down the stairs.

"It just... needs a little love," Camila nodded firmly, nudging the next stair cautiously. This earned a laugh from Lauren, who moved forward to inspect the stairs.

"More like a lot of love," the dark haired girl teased, motioning to tell Camila it was safe to go up the other stairs. She tugged the key out of her pocket, turning it in the lock. After struggling with a stuck doorknob for a minute or two, they managed to open the front door.

Camila immediately set her box down, hurrying to stand in the middle of the small room. A wide smile spread across her face and she turned back to Lauren, clapping her hands together.

"This is ours," she smiled, spinning around in a circle and looking around the room. "It is perfect," the small girl laughed, running forwards and pulling Lauren into a hug.

"You're perfect," Lauren laughed softly, pulling away from the hug and planting a quick kiss to her girlfriend's lips. "I wish I could say the same for the house," she added, walking over to the curtains and shaking the dust off of them.

It'd been nearly four years since Camila had shown up at their apartment in New York, sporting the same worn white converse that she had kept with her ever since. Things had gone pretty smoothly for them since their spontaneous trip to Miami. Camila had continued improving at a slow pace, never failing to put a smile on her girlfriend's face.

Lauren was ecstatic to hear that she had been offered a job straight after she graduated. In her junior year of college she had interned with a graphic design company, who were so impressed with her work that they wanted her back in a permanent position as soon as she graduated. Camila was even more excited to find out that Toby had been offered the same position, meaning they'd still live close to Maia and her now-husband.

Their relationship never experienced the 'dry spells', as some people prefer to call them. They was still as excited to wake up next to each other each morning as they had been when they first started dating. No one could deny that the two shared a bond deeper than just the physical.

Lauren's thoughts were interrupted when she heard Camila's footsteps reenter the house. She turned around just as Camila managed to get the cage door open, allowing the old white cat to wander out into the foyer and immediately spread out in the sun.

"Lazy butt," Camila mumbled, setting the crate aside and bending down to smooth out Wolf's fur. Lauren couldn't help but smile, remembering the days when Wolf was only a tiny kitten that Camila had protected so fiercely.