twenty

Thirty minutes later, Dinah plopped back down on the couch beside Camila, offering her a plate. The smaller girl glanced at her tentatively before reaching out to take it.

Dinah laid a piece of pizza on Camila's plate, giving her a soft smile before leaning forwards beside Normani. The dark skinned girl had found Lauren's laptop and was currently trying to log onto their Netflix account.

"This has got to be the only time I'm not going to complain about watching Friends," Dinah whispered, glancing back at Camila, who was holding the plate up and studying her piece of pizza.

"Don't push it," Normani said quietly, her eyes fixed on Camila, who had picked off a small piece of the crust and popped it into her mouth. The two girls high fived subtly, relieved that they'd managed to get the girl to eat something.

"Which one is the funniest one?" Dinah asked, pushing Normani aside and taking over control of the computer. She scrolled through Friends episodes, looking to Normani for an answer.

"How am I supposed to know?" Normani whispered, shaking her head. "Just pick a random one," she nudged Dinah's shoulder.

"Fine," the Polynesian girl clicked a random episode and tilted the laptop, making sure Camila could see it from where she was sitting. The two other girls scooted back onto the couch.

Camila didn't audibly acknowledge their choice in shows, but she did lean forward slightly so she could see the screen. Dinah and Normani exchanged glances before leaning back on the couch and pulling out their phones.

Both girls weren't paying much attention to the episode, which is why they were taken by surprise when rather loud noise echoed through the room. They both jumped, but when they realized it was the computer, they didn't think much of it.

That was, until they heard a whimper come from the other end of the couch. Camila had her head buried in her knees, her arms wrapped tightly around legs to make herself as small as possible.

Normani immediately hopped forwards to pause the show, where one of the characters was scrambling to clean up the large piece of furniture he had knocked over. Dinah, on the other hand, quickly scooted towards Camila and gently placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Hey, hey, it's alright, it was just the s-," Dinah began, but was interrupted when Camila practically dove forwards and buried her head in Dinah's shoulders.

Dinah quickly moved to wrap her arms around the smaller girl in an attempt to comfort her. She couldn't even tell if she was crying, all she knew was that Camila was shaking worse than she'd ever seen, and the smaller girls breathing was short and rushed.

"Mila, Mila," Normani quickly shook her head, shutting the laptop and moving on the other side of the couch to rub circles in the girl's back. "Hey, Mila, you're okay. Deep breaths."

"Her heart..." Dinah mouthed, nodding to get Normani's attention. "She's like... terrified," the Polynesian girl whispered. Camila's hands clung tightly to the back of Dinah's hoodie, balling the material into her fists.

Normani bit her lip, giving Dinah a sympathetic look. Neither of them liked seeing their friend like this.

"Look, Camila," Normani hopped to her feet. Dinah watched as her roommate quickly locked the front and back doors, drawing all the blinds shut and trying to get Camila's attention. "Look, we're safe here," she sat back down on the couch, placing a gentle hand on the smaller girl's shoulder.

"Do you have like... classical music?" Normani turned to Dinah.

"You're kidding, right?" Dinah scoffed, raising an eyebrow at the girl.